Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Today is Tuesday. I just finished my blog for Monday, and here is the blog for Tuesday:
1) FAIN PRIDE BRINGS GOD'S JUDGMENT- In chapter 27, God again tells of judgment on Tyrus. In verse two, God tells us why they are to be judged "Thus saith the LORD God; O Tyrus, thou has said, I am of perfect beauty." They were fain and filled with pride. These two things are still disliked by God and God feels compelled to bring down the prideful. Don't get poisoned by these two addictive attitudes pride or vanity.
2) TYRUS SINKS DEEPER- God says in chapter 28:2, "Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the LORD God; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not god, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God:" The king of Tyrus, thought he was God! He had wisdom and riches (vs. 4,5), but that did not make him God. vs. 9 says: "Wilt thou yet say before him that slayeth thee, I am God? but thou shalt be a man, and no god, in the hand of him that slayeth thee." He many think he is a God, but those who destroy him will not think so. THEN... God likens the devil to the king of Tyrus, and speaks of Satan. vs. 12 "Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty." vs. 13- Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering,.... the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created." (Satan was a master of music!) vs. 14 "Thou are the anointed cherub that covereth;" (Here we see that Satan was the highest cherub angel, honored to hover over the throne of God." vs. 15 "Thous was perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee." vs. 17 "Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that thy may behold thee." vs. 19 "... and never shalt thou be any more." The Devil will be cast into Hell, with all of his followers!
3) JUDGMENT ON EGYPT- I noticed while reading chapter 29, something God said about the judgment of Egypt. He states in verse 14: "... and thy shall be there a base kingdom. (15) It shall be the basest of the kingdoms; neither shall it exalt itself any more above the nations: for I will diminish them, that thy shall no more rule over the nations." Now, Egypt had been a world power since the days of the Pharaohs. But, since they rebelled against God's plan for them, God said that not only would He judge Egypt, but that they would never again become a world power. Egypt is a backward nation to this day. It is poor, it is old and broken down. It is not a lovely place. God certainly has kept His Word!
4) NATIONS DONE AWAY WITH- After God has pronounced judgment on the many nations in Ezekiel's prophecies, He states in Ezekiel 35:9 "I will make thee perpetual desolations, and thy cities shall not return: and ye shall know that I am the LORD." In other words, they would not be heard of again. Once they were scattered throughout the Babylonian kingdom, as was their nature to do, those nations were merged into the Babylonian kingdom NEVER to be heard of again as a nation.... only Israel was brought back as a nation and people by God. His plan kept on going forward because out of Israel is to come a king... the King of Kings and LORD of Lords!!
Well, so much for today! Have a blessed day! Pastor Mike Mutchler
Today is Tuesday, but I'm going to do a blog for Monday. My internet was not working but now I'm playing catch up. Monday, I read Ezekiel 17-26. Here are some simple thoughts:
1) NO LONGER CHILDREN OF THE KING- In God's judgment of Israel, Ezekiel 21:25,26 says: "And thou, profane wicked prince of Israel, whose day is come, when iniquity shall have an end, Thus saith the LORD God: Remove the diadem, and take off the crown: this shall not be the same: exalt him that is low, and abase him that is high." Since they were children of the KING, they had a symbolic crown on their heads and diadem in their hands. But since they have not followed the LORD, the LORD tells them to put up the diadem, and take off the crown. This is talking about God's favor as a nation, not His salvation for an individual, so don't confuse His dealings with a nation with His dealings with us as individual Christians.
2) I FOUND NONE- In Ezekiel 22:30, God sought for a man to stand in the hedge so that the nation would not be judged, but.... He found none! Let us hope that God sees us in this land of America. Let us be men and women that stand in the hedge. Let God see us!
3) TYRUS JUDGED- In Chapter 26, God begins His judgment of Tyrus. It goes on for several chapters, but it starts in chapter 26. When it is all said and done, God says in verse 4: "And they shall destroy the walls of Tyrus, and break down her towers: I will also scrape her dust from her, and make her like the top of a rock." God will have the city so destroyed it would be like scraping the top of a rock. All that will be left is the top of the land that shows something was there, but no one can identify what used to be there. It looks like something was there and was scraped off.... it was.... the city of Tyrus!
Well, so much for today. I've another blog to write for another ten chapters. Pastor Mike Mutchler
INTERNET HAS BEEN DOWN
My internet has been down for two days now. I have a backlog of items I marked out to share and hopefully will get to them if for no other reason just to put my thoughts down. Sorry you have missed, but I'm sure you have made it just fine as well. Look later today to see if I've posted anything.
Pastor Mike Mutchler