I & II PETER
|It is dark outside and I've been up for an hour or so, reading God's Word. I have less to read this morning, because this month has 31 days in it, and I get the Bible read in 59 days. So, I'm stretching it a bit. That also allows me more time to write and take notes, and come up with other ideas in a short passage. This morning, I read the five chapters in I Peter and the three chapters in II Peter. Here are a few comments:|
1) AN IMPARTIAL JUDGE- God is just that type of judge. In I Pet. 1:17 it says: "...who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work," God doesn't care what our titles are, or what others think of us, but He will judge fairly and righteously. He is judging for our rewards! And He will judge accurately.
2) WHO WE ARE IN CHRIST- I always love verses like I Pet. 2:9. They tell us who we are in Christ. It says: "But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people;" Notice these four descriptions of who we are in Christ. Aren't they wonderful? I'm so glad God thinks we are all of these!
3) GOD'S EYES AND EARS- I Pet. 3:12- "For the eyes of the LORD are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers:.." What a thought! God's eyes are watching us; and His ears are listening to us! What a thought! Oh dear Lord, let me go throughout this day being ever conscious of the fact that you are watching me, you are listening to me, you are speaking to me....Let my life be seen pleasing to You; let my prayers be heard by You, and let my ears be listening to You all day long!! May it be dear Lord!
4) HUMBLE YOURSELF- The way up is down! I Peter 5:6 says: "Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time." God loves humility! Dear friend, humble yourself in God's presence and His hand will lift you up. We need not struggle for prominence in life, we only need to humbly serve God and others, and let God put us in our position in life. Humility allows God to use us! The humble heart is drawn closest to His heart! We are nothing, and He is everything. Let us enter His presence clothed in humility, and in due time..... He will exalt you! God does not mind exalting us in life, as long as humility reigns in our hearts!
5) ADD AND BE FRUITFUL- If we add these things to our faith: Virtue, Knowledge, Temperance, Patience, Godliness, Brotherly Kindness, and Charity; we will "neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ." (II Peter 1:8) So, let us work on our addition!
Hope you have a blessed day in the LORD today. I hope you will realize with me that He is watching, listening, and speaking. May God bless you!
Pastor Mike Mutchler