This morning, I read Psalms 119 to 128. Everyday as I read through these chapters, I underline verses, phrases, put a star by it in the margin, and sometimes I will circle the star. When I circle it, I'm thinking I'll share this thought. So let me share with you some thoughts:
1) PSALMS 119- This whole chapter is amazing. It is broken down into 22 sections. Each section is another letter of the Hebrew alphabet. (That is what you see in the heading). Each section consist of 8 verses. Each of the eight verses start off with the same Hebrew letter as the section they are in. Every verse refers to the Word of God in all 176 verses! So many of these verses are so quotable that they are well known. vs. 9, 11, 18, 89, 97, 105, and 165 to name a few. Memorize these verses at least and you will be blessed.
2) JUST CRY OUT TO GOD- Ps. 120- "In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me." Isn't it comforting to know that God hears and answers prayer. Whatever your problems are, there is someone who desires to hear all about them and can do something about them. Pour your heart out to God.
3) I AM HAPPY ABOUT GOING TO CHURCH- Ps. 122- "I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD." I feel the same way. I get to go to church today!! I know I'm a preacher, but I love church and preaching and teaching and singing and greeting others!! I enjoyed Church this past Sunday morning and evening, then tonight is our mid-week Church Service, then Thursday for our Soul-winning night, then Saturday morning at our Men's Prayer Breakfast, WOW. I was GLAD when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD!!
4) GOING WITH COMPASSION-Ps. 126:5,6- If we go sowing the precious seed of God's Word with tears of compassion, then we will come home rejoicing having reaped the harvest. I'm so glad that this past Thursday, I had the joy of praying with an individual who trusted Christ as their Savior. They are out there, but there is a great lack of laborers. The field is white already to Harvest!!
5) KEEP THE HOME A FOCUS- Ps. 127- Let me end with this. This chapter is about the HOME. It says in verse one that unless God builds the home, they labor in vain who try. In verse three, it tells us that our children are the heritage of the Lord and his reward. (God loves kids!) In verse 5 it says that happy is the man who has his quiver full of children. In Bible College, one professor told us, happy is the man who knows when his quiver is full! Regardless, our children are our greatest joy in life. I love my children so much and love to be around them. Now they are grown, but what a joy when I get around them and the grandchildren. They are the greatest blessing of my life other than my wife. (She is the greatest!)
Well, so much for today... CHURCH TONIGHT! Praise God!! Pastor Mike Mutchler