|It is Tuesday, and I am reading in the minor prophets. These prophets are packed with truth. Big truth in little packages is what I call them. I preached a series last year on the truths in the minor prophets. It blessed my heart. Here are some thoughts today:|
1) GOD'S WORDS DO GOOD- Micah 2:7 says: ".... do not my words do good to him that walketh uprightly?" The answer is yes! God's Word works if we obey those words of instruction.
2) IS THERE NO KING IN THEE? This question is asked in Micah 4:9 "Now why dost thou cry out aloud? is there no king in thee? is thy counsellor perished? for pangs have taken thee as a woman in travail." This question is being asked of Israel. They are crying as though there was no king in them. Then God mentioned that they are like a woman in labor. Now, notice Micah 5:2 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting." Here we see that there was a King in Israel, just about to be born.... Jesus Christ! Now, when we seem to want to cry aloud and act like we have no counsellor, we should remind ourselves that there IS a KING in us!! Jesus Christ lives in us! Wow!
3) CONFLICT IN THE HOME- Micah 7:6 says: "For the son dishonoureth the father, the daughter riseth up against her mother, the daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; a man's enemies are the men of his own house." We see that when a nation gets away from God, it causes conflict in the home. Jesus even told us that this would increase in the last days. Be ready for it and be stedfast regardless of it.
4) PUBLISHING PEACE- Nahum 1:15 says: "Behold upon the mountains the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace!" Isaiah said it this way: Isaiah 52:7 "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation; that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!" Paul made reference to this in the book of Romans: Romans 10:15 "And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" These are they who share the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ. We are publishers of peace. Not peace between men, but peace between God and man through Jesus Christ! He is our peace! Let us be busy in publishing that good news!
5) ONE DAY! Habakkuk 2:14 says: "For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea." One of these days.... Jesus will rule on the earth and all will bow before Him. We will rule with Him as well for 1,000 years and then in all eternity we shall know the glory of the LORD in our midst. Praise the Lord!!
6) DON'T GO POKING GOD IN THE EYE! Zechariah 2:8 says: "... for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye." If you poke at us, you are sticking your finger in the eye of God. Don't do that, He would not like that! Better be good to other children of God and not go around touching them for harm.
Psalms 105:15 "Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm."
LORD, I love you today. I praise Your Holy Name! I look to you, humbly, with eyes that are stayed on my Master. I strain to hear Your voice.... speak Lord, for thy servant heareth. Let me obey your directions, let me follow to do Your desires. I am Yours.... tell me what You will. Help me Lord. I am weak... You are strong. I need Thee completely.... I am nothing, You are everything.... let me never forget. Magnify Yourself through my life and actions today. Let me simply reflect Your glory. Let me direct all praise to Thy Holy Name. Thank you my God. Praise be to Thee, and Thee alone! Amen.
Have a blessed day dear friend.... go with God. Pastor Mike Mutchler