Mark and Luke
|I have read my twenty chapters this morning, and here are some thoughts:|
1) Preservation- Mark 13:31 says: "Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away." So, you see, it doesn't matter how many liberal Bible teachers talk about scribal error, or corrupted texts that they have to fix; we either take their word, or the word of our Savior Jesus Christ. Well, I'm taking Jesus' side on the issue and believe that we have a preserved Bible and I do believe that the King James Bible from the Textus Receptus is the Preserved Word of God for the English Language. I believe that God preserves it for all languages, for all time.
2) THE LORD WORKING WITH THEM. I liked this when I read it in Mark 16:20, the last verse of the book. It says: "And they went forth, and preached every where, the LORD working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen." We do not do the work of God alone, the LORD works with us. In fact, I would quit if we had to do it all alone. We can look to God and know that He is working along side of us to accomplish what He desires us to accomplish.
3) THE WORDS OF JESUS- I would have loved to hear them, but I sure enjoy reading them. In Luke chapter four, I say three things about the words of Jesus: a. Gracious Words in Luke 4:22; Powerful Words in Luke 4:32; and Authoritative Words in Luke 4:36! The Words of Jesus made a difference in people's lives, and they still do today!!
4) TROUBLE NOT THE MASTER- This is what the crowd said when Jarius' daughter was dead in Luke 8:49, but there are so many good reasons to still "trouble the master" when things seem hopeless. For one, He is God!! He can work the impossible! For another, He says : "It's no trouble!" We can come to Him when we are weary and loaded down, and He will help us. Casting all of our care upon Him, for He careth for us!!
5) One things is needful- Martha was told that by the Savior in Luke 10:42. She was serving, but that was not what was needful.... spending time with Christ is needful! Let us not forget this lesson and be guilty like Martha of serving God but not communing with Him.
Well, I've got to go for today, May God richly bless you and yours! Pastor Mike Mutchler