TITUS - HEBREWS
My, what a day we had yesterday! God has been blessing beyond our expectations and it has been wonderful. We have averaged 630 on the buses for the last four weeks of our Spring Enlargement Campagin, and have averaged over 300 more for Sunday School. The parking lots have been full and the auditorium has been full of new adults and the teens had over 100 in their teen church, not counting the 60 Spanish Teens and the 25 Korean Teens. Wow! God has been so good.
1) Titus 1:2 "which God, that cannot lie, promised..." What a great truth! God cannot lie, so whatever He has promised is secure! Realize that today as you go through life. God's promises are sure, you can build your life on them and not be disappointed.
2) Christ is GOD! Hebrews 1 has these phrases in it: "appointed heir of all things"; "by whom also he made the worlds (creator); "express image of his person" (just like the Father); "upholding all things by the word of his power" (sustainer of life); "by himself purged our sins (redeemer); "worship him" (worship only ascribed to God); "But unto the Son he saith (the Father speaking), Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever"... For those who do not believe in Jesus Christ being God in flesh, let me say that God the Father believes that His Son is God in flesh!!; "Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the works of thine hands" (again, Jesus is the Creator with God the Father). Hebrews chapter one is a powerful testament to the Deity of Jesus Christ. He is God of very God!!
3) Hebrews 10:37 "For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry." Jesus is coming again and it will be just a little while according to how God sees time. Of course, we see time differently, but still .... He is coming again!!
4) FOLLOW YOUR PASTOR - Hebrews 13:7, 17 - In verse seven we are to "remember them" and "whose faith follow" as it relates to the pastor of your church, and in verse 17, we are told to "obey them" and "submit yourselves" to their leadership. I thought about Jesus submitting Himself while upon earth to imperfect parents and imperfect people, and if Jesus being perfect could submit to those who were imperfect; then we who are imperfect ought to be able to submit to others who, like us, are imperfect too! A Pastor is called of God to a position of leadership in the church and thus deserves the respect and follow ship that God demands of us. Whoever your pastor is, follow him.
5) THE PROBLEM WITH THE LAW- James 2:10 "For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all." We cannot keep the law perfectly, so we trust a Savior who did!! He is our substitute in obedience, and our substitute in punishment! He lived holy, and He died a sinful death for our sins, and He rose triumphant for our Salvation!! Praise God!!
Hope you have a blessed day and a great start to a new week! May God bless. Pastor Mike Mutchler