|I read the book of John this morning. All 21 chapters. I love the Gospel According to John. So much that shows Jesus as the Son of God. Let me share a few thoughts with you:|
1) GOD IN FLESH- Jn. 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." vs. 14 "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth." Jesus is the Word, the Word is eternal, the Word is with God and was God, and still is God! Jesus is God! John 5:18 says "...but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God." The Jews understood that Jesus said He was God and that is why they wanted Him dead.
2) RIVERS OF LIVING WATER- In John 7:38, it states that we are to be the kind of Christian that has rivers of living water flowing out of us.. The Bible speaks of Water, a Well, and then Rivers of Living Water. The water is the Holy Spirit (Jn. 7:39); The well is that which allows others to come for refreshment, but a river is that which flows out to others. We should desire to be Rivers, not just a well, and certainly not just water. Let us flow out to others in need.
3) UNDERCOVER FOLLOWERS- John 12:42, tells us that "among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but because of t he Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be put out of the synagogue: (43) For they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God." The undercover followers of Jesus loved the praises of men, more than the praise of God! We should remind ourselves that the praise of God is all that is really important. Not what other men think of us.
4) FAULTLESS- John 18:38 "I find in him no fault at all." ; John 19:4 "that ye may know that I find no fault in him." ; John 19:6 "for I find no fault in him." Three different times in the book of John, Pilate told everyone.... "I find no fault in Him." Jesus was faultless! He had no sin, no guilt, no weakness, no imperfection. He was our perfect sacrifice for sin!
5) WE ARE BLESSED- John 20:29 says: "....blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." That is us! We are blessed for believing!
LORD, thank you for another day. Another day to walk and talk with you. Another day to since Your Presence and to obey Your Will. Thank you Jesus.... Love you LORD! Pastor Mike Mutchler