Today is the last day of reading through the Bible for 2010. I will start on the first with Genesis again. This year, I am only reading 10 chapters a day to spend more time sharing truths that I never had time to write about. I'm looking forward to sharing some of the less obvious truths I see in Scripture. There are so many truths I see that I would love to preach on, but I only have the thought, not a sermon. This way, I can share the thought at least. Here's some thoughts for today:
1) LAMB- 26 times the title for Jesus is given as a "LAMB". John the Baptist said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sins of the world." In chapter 13, one time it talks as the antichrist as a lamb with two horns. (He tries to imitate Christ, but fails!). Jesus is the LAMB and will be wondrous to behold.
2) IN THE SPIRIT- Rev. 1:10 says "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day"; and 4:2 says: "I was in spirit". We ought to be "in the Spirit" everyday, but especially on the Lord's Day, Sunday, and at Church serving God!
3) FOUR WORDS-Rev. 14:13 "Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord.... that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them." Four Words: Death- we are all going to die a physical death; Blessed- it will be a happy time for us to die and open our eyes in Heaven with Christ; Rest- we will then rest from our labours, not before; and Works- our works do follow us for rewards, let us WORK, till Jesus Comes!!
4) NAMES: In Rev. 19, we see different names for Christ: vs. 1-"the Lord our God"; vs. 9-
"Lamb"; vs. 11- "Faithful and True"; vs. 13- "The Word of God"; vs. 16- "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."!! WOW!! We will see Christ in all of His glory and know Him by all of these titles in Heaven.
5) THEY ARE NO MORE-Rev. 21:4 "the former things are passed away". Praise God! We will see all things made new and no trace of sin or disobedience in the world, and in ourselves!
Hope that 2010 has had a great share of blessings along with it's trials. 2011 promises to have God as close to us as we choose to snuggle up to Him. He is there for us, but we draw nigh first. The year will have it's trials of that you will not have to doubt, but even more so real will be God's presence to help us be victorious. May God bless you! Pastor Mike Mutchler