Today is Tuesday, and here are a few thoughts from the Psalms:
1) SPEAK UP FOR CHRIST- Psalms 107:2 says: "Let the redeemed of the LORD, say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy;" God wants us to speak up for Him. When your church has a "testimony" service, do you stand up to give a testimony of God's grace and working in your life, or do you not speak up a good word for Jesus? Testimonies are for God's glory, help others in their walk with Christ, and help us grow stronger as we testify to God's goodness. So, let the redeemed of the LORD, say so!
2) PRAISE HIS NAME- Four times in Psalms 107 we see the verse: "Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!" Four times! God must want us to praise the LORD and be thankful for His goodness. No wonder He wants the redeemed of the LORD to say so. Develop a heart of praise. This morning, before I got out of bed, I sang about five songs in my heart to the LORD. I am trying to be filled with song. Sing unto the LORD is what God is speaking to my heart this week. Let Him speak to your heart as well.
3) A SIMILAR PLEA- A few days ago, I shared the verse about "Shew me a token for good". This has come to mean so much to me. Here in Psalms 109: 26,27, we have a similar plea. "Help me, O LORD my God: O save me according to thy mercy: That they may know that this is thy hand; that thou, LORD, hast done it." David wanted God to so bless Him that even those who are against him would know that God hath done it! God blesses us for His purposes and glory. We can be known as men and women who are blessed of God!
4) DUMB IDOLS- Psalms 115:4-7 says: "Their idols are silver and gold, the work of men's hands. They have mouths, but they speak not: eyes have they, but they see not: They have ears, but they heart not: noses have they, but they smell not: They have hands, but they handle not: feet have they, but they walk not: neither speak they through their throats." These are just dumb idols, and sadly... we make our own idols out of things just like they did so long ago, but we don't sacrifice animals but money and time to them. The Bible says: "Little children, keep yourselves from idols."
5) PRAY FOR JERUSALEM- Psalms 122:6 says: "Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: they shall prosper that love thee." God will prosper those who have a right heart towards His sacred city. The city that He is not through with. One day a "New Jerusalem" will come down out of Heaven. But it is named "Jerusalem" because God has not lost the connection He has with that city, even if the people have lost their connection with God. As a Christian, we should pray for the peace of Jerusalem and expect God to prosper us for doing so.
Hope you have a blessed day!
Dr. Mike Mutchler | Pastor | Grand View Baptist Church 14855 S. Leland Road Beavercreek, OR 97004 | tel: 503-348-6090