|What a wonderful day we had at Church yesterday. God has been so good to us. What a blessing to see things happening for Christ each Sunday and then throughout the week. God is so good! |
I'm in Joshua today, and here are some highlights:
1) THE PROMISE OF SUCCESS-Joshua 1:8 "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success."
Notice the three areas we are to be affected by this passage: Our Mouths should be speaking the Word of God; Our Hearts should be meditating on the Word of God; and our Actions ought to obey the Word of God; and THEN we will be prosperous, and then we will have good success! Let our mouth, our heart, and our actions be in tune today with God's Word!
2) THE LIVING GOD- Joshua 3:10 says that as a results of God drying up the waters of Jordan so that Israel crosses on dry ground: "Hereby ye shall know that the living God is among you," God intervenes by way of Miracles enough times to let us know that "the living God is among" us. God wants us to know how very real He is, and He will if we are listening to Him.
3) WRITING AND READING. Twice, Joshua wrote out all of the word of the law on stones for the people of Israel, and once he read every word of the law to them. (chapter 8:32 wrote; chapter 8:35 read; chapter 24:26 read it again!) Praise God we have the writing in our Bibles, and we can do the reading of it!
4) FIGHTING FOR THEIR ALLIES. In chapter 10, the people of Gibeon (who had a treaty by deception with Israel, but none the less a treaty) were attacked by their neighbors who saw them as having sold out to the Israelites. Here when Joshua hears the news he gathers men and run all night to their rescue and fight their battle for them. It is here that the sun stands still for a day while they fight their friends enemies. I guess from this we as a nation have always fought our allies battles taking the example of Joshua and Gibeon.
5) THE CITIES OF REFUGE- These are given in Joshua 20. I'm so glad that the LORD is our "city of refuge"! You see you could only stay in the city, protected, while the High Priest lived. When he died, you had to go out apparently until another one took his place and in that time you were vulnerable to the vengeance of the ones who wanted you dead! Praise God in our city of refuge, our high priest "ever liveth" to make intercession for us!! We are protected forever!!
Hope you have a blessed day! Pastor Mike Mutchler