Gleanings From The Psalms
Praise God, It's Sunday!! This morning, I read Psalms 112 to 132. Everyday as I read through these chapters, I underline verses, phrases, put a star by it in the margin, and sometimes I will circle the star. When I circle it, I'm thinking I'll share this thought. So let me share with you some thoughts:
1) Ps. 1166:10- "I believed, therefore have I spoken:". We ought to speak up for Christ what we believe and share that with others.
2) Ps. 119- This whole chapter is amazing. It is broken down into 22 sections. Each section is another letter of the Hebrew alphabet. (That is what you see in the heading). Each section consist of 8 verses. Each of the eight verses start off with the same Hebrew letter as the section they are in. Every verse refers to the Word of God in all 176 verses! So many of these verses are so quotable that they are well known. vs. 9, 11, 18, 89, 97, 105, and 165 to name a few. Memorize these verses at least and you will be blessed.
3)Ps. 120- "In my distress I cried unto the LORD, and he heard me." Isn't it comforting to know that God hears and answers prayer. Whatever your problems are, there is someone who desires to hear all about them and can do something about them. Pour your heart out to God.
4) Ps. 122- "I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD." I feel the same way. I get to go to church today!! I know I'm a preacher, but I love church and preaching and teaching and singing and greeting others!! I went to church this past Wednesday for our mid-week Church Service, then Thursday for our Soul-winning night, and then Friday at Timberline Baptist in Sherwood, OR for a men's meeting, then Saturday morning at our Men's Prayer Breakfast, and then over to Sherwood again to finish out the men's meeting and now I get to go to church this Sunday Morning and Evening... WOW. I was GLAD when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD!!
5) Ps. 126:5,6- If we go sowing the precious seed of God's Word with tears of compassion, then we will come home rejoicing having reaped the harvest. I'm so glad that this past Thursday, I had the joy of praying with three individuals who trusted Christ as their Savior. One was a 19 year old who thanked me over and over for telling him how to know he could go to Heaven. They are out there, but there is a great lack of laborers. The field is white already to Harvest!!
6) Ps. 127. Let me end with this. This chapter is about the HOME. It says in verse one that unless God builds the home, they labor in vain who try. In verse three, it tells us that our children are the heritage of the Lord and his reward. (God loves kids!) In verse 5 it says that happy is the man who has his quiver full of children. In Bible College, one professor told us, happy is the man who knows when his quiver is full! Regardless, our children are our greatest joy in life. I love my children so much and love to be around them. Now they are grown, but what a joy when I get around them and the grandchildren. They are the greatest blessing of my life other than my wife. (She is the greatest!) After that my parents whom I love so dearly and then the wonderful church I love and have the joy of pastoring. Well, so much for today... I'm off to church! Praise God!! Pastor Mike Mutchler
No Cost - Get a month of Blockbuster Total Access now. Sweet deal for Yahoo! users and friends.