This morning, I got up at 3:00am to catch a flight to Memphis to see my Mom and Dad. We arrived in Denver on time only to circle the airport long enough to be 40 minutes late upon arrival. Then we walked as fast as we could a mile and a quarter to see our plane eight feet from the walkway pulling back. We did get another flight after staying 9 and a half hours at the airport. So, I did have plenty of time and I read two days worth of reading in the Psalms. I will only give you some few highlights however. Hope it is a blessings!
1) Psalms 16:6- "The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places, yea, I have a goodly heritage." David realized how good God had been to him to put him in the family he was in, and I certainly feel the same way. I've been so blessed to have such a good father and mother, brother and sisters. I love my own children and grandchildren dearly and have been blessed by them. David felt that way and I hope most everyone does.
2) CAMPING Psalms 34:7 "The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them." The Bible says that God will dwell with us and be our God and that word literally means to "tent" with us. The angel of God camps with us, and one day we will dwell with Him. To make our abode (tent) with Him. The idea is that wherever we go, God goes with us and wherever we lay our head at night, God is already there. He pitches His "tent" with us each day and night. So does our guardian angel!
3) Psalm 42:8 "in the night his song shall be with me". Singing in the night. Sometimes I get a song on my mind and I don't get to sleep much all night long. Sometimes I wish I didn't have songs in the night, but I'm glad that at least these are songs that are put there about God. God loves to hear us sing and we need to have some songs in the night.
4) SING Psalms 47:6 "Sing praises to God, sing praises: sing praises unto our King, sing praises." You might just get the idea that God wants us to sing praises and that would be true!! God wants us to sing His praises. Four times in one short verse it says: "sing praises". Make up a song and just sing it to the Lord. He is not a critic, but He longs to hear His children sing about Him, and sing to Him! Sing to the LORD!!
5) MARK THE BULWARDS Psalms 48:13 "Mark ye well her bulwarks, consider her palaces; that ye may tell it to the next generation following." The idea is obvious, but the act is to "mark ye well". We ought to make some mental and spiritual marks about what Church is all about, what Christ has done in our lives, how Christ saved us from our sins, etc. Let's do some Marking!!
Well, I went through 40 plus chapters in Psalms today, and just have written a little, but I didn't want to overload you today. May God bless, and Lord willing, I will see you tomorrow in the blog. Good reading!! Pastor Mike Mutchler