The book of Revelation means "the unveiling". This book unveils the future and reveals to us the future events. It is a book of seven sevens. It contains the: 7 Churches, 7 Seals, 7 Trumpets, 7 Vials, 7 Personages, 7 Dooms, and 7 New Things of Heaven. This is Wednesday, and I'll not have anything to write until Friday, when I start Genesis. Here are a few thoughts:
1) LAMB- 26 times the title for Jesus is given as a "LAMB". John the Baptist said, "Behold, the Lamb of God, that taketh away the sins of the world." In chapter 13, one time it talks as the antichrist as a lamb with two horns. (He tries to imitate Christ, but fails!). Jesus is the LAMB and will be wondrous to behold.
2) IN THE SPIRIT- Rev. 1:10 says "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day"; and 4:2 says: "I was in spirit". We ought to be "in the Spirit" everyday, but especially on the Lord's Day, Sunday, and at Church serving God! Lord help me to be "in the Spirit" each and every day!
3) Rev. 14:13 "Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord.... that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them." Four Words: Death- we are all going to die a physical death; Blessed- it will be a happy time for us to die and open our eyes in Heaven with Christ; Rest- we will then rest from our labours, not before; and Works- our works do follow us for rewards, let us WORK, till Jesus Comes!!
4) NAMES: In Rev. 19, we see different names for Christ: vs. 1-"the Lord our God"; vs. 9-
"Lamb"; vs. 11- "Faithful and True"; vs. 13- "The Word of God"; vs. 16- "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."!! WOW!! We will see Christ in all of His glory and know Him by all of these titles in Heaven. Outside of the Taja Mahal, there is a gateway with the names of Allah. All over Heaven, we will see the hundreds of names of our God. SAVIOR is one of the best!
5) Rev. 21:4 "the former things are passed away". Praise God! We will see all things made new and no trace of sin or disobedience in the world, and in ourselves!
Well, I've got to get another cup of coffee. Join me tomorrow as we look at Genesis again!
Pastor Mike Mutchler