PSALMS SOME MORE
|Today is Thursday. It is also my wife's birthday. January 28th. Happy Birthday to a wonderful wife, mother, and lady! Happy Birthday Mrs. Vicky!|
Here are some thoughts I had in Psalms as I read:
1) PROMOTION- Promotion comes from the LORD. Psalms 75:6 tells us: "For promotion cometh neither from the east, nor from the west, nor from the south." (vs. 7) "But God is the judge: he putteth down one, and setteth up another." God gives out the promotions, and therefore, He is the ONE we should seek to please! Let us please Him in all that we do and let God decide when and how to promote us.
2) HOW LONG? This phrase is found in 15 verses in Psalms and sometimes twice in one verse like in Psalms 94:3 "LORD, how long shall the wicked, how long shall the wicked triumph?" Earlier this week I wrote about the phrase: "Hurry Lord". Our impatience is remarkable. We see our problems and feel the whole world must revolve around us, so that we are always in a hurry. We are even in a hurry to rest. I'm so glad that the LORD is patient towards us. We look to Heaven and say "how long", so often. Please LORD, show Yourself strong on our behalf and met our meager needs.
3) THE KEY IS THE WALK- In Psalms 84:11, God's Word says: "no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly." God wants to give us good things and will IF we will but walk uprightly. Walk after godliness, and holiness. Let this be our goal each day of our lives! Psalms 37:4 "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart." The "delight" produces the "desired" results!
4) SHEW ME A TOKEN FOR GOOD- This is what David prays for in Psalms 87:17 "Shew me a token for good; that they which hate me may see it, and be ashamed: because thou, LORD, hast helped me, and comforted me." Here is the heart of David saying Lord bless me in such a fashion that even those who hate me can see that you are for me! Shew me a token for good! This is a visible blessing from God that is so manifested and others around you can see it as well. We all need these from time to time, and we should pray daily for God to give us "tokens for good".
5) FRESH OIL- Psalms 92:10, ".... I shall be anointed with fresh oil." David was anointed with oil as a child to be the king. Again, when he was king over Hebron, and again when he was anointed king over Israel. An anointing was for a specific task, and it was an enduement of Holy Ghost power for the task God called one to perform. We are called upon to serve our God, and we need His power to do His work. Our heart cry ought to be: "Fresh Oil!" This is what we need to be effective in God's Work is that fresh anointing from the LORD. Oh God in Heaven, anoint me with Your fresh oil!
Hope you have a blessed day! Happy Birthday honey! Pastor Mike Mutchler