What a wonderful week with VBS! God blessed with hundreds attending and over 100 being saved. It has been a blessing! I finished up the Psalms this morning as well.
1) PSALMS 119- In Psalms 119, there are so many things to point out. Many I have in earlier blogs. Today I noticed phrases. Phrases where David is asking God to do something for him: "Teach me; Give me; Make me; Incline my heart; Turn away mine eyes; Turn away my reproach; Quicken thou me; Put me not; Remove from me; Open thou mine eyes; ... AND then, there are phrases about what David would be doing himself: "I keep thy law; I will speak; I will delight; I remembered; I kept they precepts; I entreated; I thought; I made haste; I have said; I kept they word; I delight; I know; I have;... and many others. The ideas is that sometimes we are asking God for His help and sometimes there are things we need to be doing!! David understood this. It wasn't all just waiting on God to do everything! We need to do what He desires from us.
4) HIS WORD IS ABOVE HIS NAME- In Ps. 138:2, the Bible says: "for thou hast magnified thy word above all thy name." God exalts His word, and we ought to do the same thing. Never down play the importance of God's Holy Word. It is His Word that tells us about Him and Salvation. Praise God for His Word. Don't be as those who neglect His Word. We need it as our daily spiritual bread.
5) NO MAN CARED- Ps. 142:4 says: "refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul." How sad that no one would care for the soul of an individual. We need to be people who care about the souls of men and women, boys and girls. It reflects the heart of God when we care for others!
6) SHARE GOD'S WORKS- Ps. 145:4 "One generation shall praise they works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts." Our job is to tell the younger generation how great God really is! We should tell them of how He has worked in our lives and how He is still working in our lives. God wants each generation to share with the next of His greatness!
7) PRAISE-Psalms is ultimately a book of praise. 160 times the word "praise" is found. Some chapters have it in every verse. Over and over we see the theme is praise to God. It is a good thing to praise the Lord. Are we doing that? Do we sing His praises? Let us decide to praise the Lord and sing to Him, for He is worthy!
Hope you have a great day today, and remember.... tomorrow is Sunday!! Yes, we can be in Church with God's people and enjoy our time together! See you tomorrow.
Pastor Mike Mutchler