|It is Friday morning. Last night I led a man to Christ and he was so happy to be saved. It is so wonderful to be used of God to lead others to Christ. Today, I'm still in Psalms. It takes a week to get through the Psalms even going at 20 chapters a day. It is an enjoyable read. Here are some of the thoughts that I noted in my Bible to expound upon a little more:|
1) HOW LONG LORD? In Psalms 79:5, it says: "How long LORD? wilt thou be angry for ever? shall thy jealousy burn like fire?" I put a question mark by the phrase "how long" and then decided to look up that phrase in the Psalms. It occurs 15 times! That lets me know that David had asked God this over and over. How long Lord? Sometimes we too are prone to ask this of God, but realize we were not the first, and will not be the last!
2) OPEN THY MOUTH WIDE- In Psalms 81:10, there comes this incredible promise: "I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it." Wow! What a prayer promise! Based on God being the same God who brought on the ten plaques of Egypt and then parted the mighty Red Sea for the Israelites to cross over.... this same God, their LORD says: Open thy mouth wide and I will fill it. It is an invitation to pray great prayers and let God grant great answers. Oh may God deliver us from small praying!! Here is what Charles Spurgeon said about this verse: "Have large expectations of God, and offer large prayers to him, then shall great things be your joyful portion. Who would not ask largely if he believed that his requests would be granted? In the matter of prayer to God if we be stinted, it is by ourselves, for God has not straitened us in his promise. Come then, let those of us who are believers, plead for the salvation of the whole family, the servants, and the neighbors. Let our prayer, during this day, be on a great scale. Men sin hugely--let us pray abundantly."
3) MY HEART AND MY FLESH CRIETH OUT- Once again, we see the passion of David for God. Oh that we might learn this lesson well. Psalms 84:2 says: "My soul longeth, year, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God." May God help us to cry out with desperation for the passion for God we ought to have. May our whole spirit, soul, and flesh cry out for closer fellowship with the living God! Help us Lord!
4) NO GOOD THING WILL HE WITHHOLD- Another amazing promise is found in Psalms 84:11 "For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly." Notice it is contingent upon our walk, but IF we walk with God, He has promised: No good thing will He withhold! Bring it on Lord Jesus.
5) A TOKEN FOR GOOD- About a year ago, this verse became very special to me. Psalms 86:17 "Shew me a token for good; that they which hate me may see it, and be ashamed: because thou, LORD, hast helped me, and comforted me." Here David is asking for God to show him a sign (a token for good) that God was pleased with Him. A sign that even David's enemies could see and know that God has blessed David. I started praying that a year ago and since then I have had so many, many "Token for good" shown to my by God. Thank you Jesus! I'm still looking everyday for another "token for good". How about you?
Oh dear Jesus, my heart is so full. So rich, so overflowing. Your precious Word has once again melted my heart and filled me with longing for Yourself. I want to open my mouth wide. I want to lay before Your feet big request! I would like to see buildings paid off, new buildings built, new ministries began, tens of thousands more people reached, hundreds of missionaries sent, scores of National pastors supported, dozens of new churches started, our church explode with growth and blessing. Oh let my open mouth be filled! Let me cry out to Thee. Let my spirit thirst for Thee. Let the longing of my soul be for Thee and Thee alone. Show me a "token" that Thou art pleased with me. I have a full heart, I have such a longing for Thy heart. I bow before Thee, I humble myself in Thy great presence. I am listening.... speak Lord, for Thy servant heareth. Listen to my "great prayers" that seem to Thee so pitifully small. Love you LORD! Amen.