This morning, I read Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, and Haggai. I don't have the time to write something about each of these books, and they are filled with thoughts.
1) Micah 1:5 says: "What is the transgression of Jacob? is it not Samaria?" Samaria was the compromise. Not going to Jerusalem to offer sacrifice, but offering a sacrifice somewhere closer and more convenient, but God is not impressed with convenience. Sacrifice, ought to be a sacrifice. Isn't that the way people worship God today, when it's convenient they will come to church, when it's convenient they will tithe, etc. Don't give into the call of Samaria.
2) Micah 2:7 "do not my words do good to him that walketh uprightly?" God's Word works when His people work His Word!!
3) Nahum 1:3 "the LORD hath his way in the whirlwind, and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet." God controls it all, even the tragedies of life are filtered through the hands of God. He has a purpose and reason, even when we don't see them.
4) Habakkuk has so many thoughts:
1:13 God is too pure to behold evil
2:2 Make the vision plain
2:4 The Just shall live by his faith
2:14 The earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the LORD
2:15 Warning about giving others alcohol
2:19 Woe to him that worships idols
3:2 Revive thy work in the midst of the years
3:17,18 Living a life of faith
3:19 God will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places. **Can't comment on them, but here they are!
5) Haggai "BUILD THE HOUSE!!" 1:8. The whole book is about building the Temple. God says you dwell in homes and mine lays in ruin. Build the House and I will take pleasure in it. God challenges His people to Build Him a House!! We need to focus on building a church because it is His bride!!
Well, so much for today! Have a blessed day!! Pastor Mike Mutchler