John & Acts
UNPLUCKABLE- John 10:28,29 "And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand." We cannot be plucked from the hands of Jesus Christ and God the Father.... we are unpluckable!! WE are eternally secure because of the nature of Salvation... we were saved from our past, present, and future sins. In Hebrews 10: 14, it says we have been "perfected forever"!! Our sins were covered underneath the blood of Christ. Now if all of our sins were not covered, then we are still sinners that are Hell bound. So when the blood was applied it covered all of our sins. If it only covered the sins up to that date and then we must live our lives perfect to get to Heaven, then we are still Hell bound, because we still sin though we have been eternally forgiven through our faith in Christ. I used to think that our faith was our grip on the Savior and as long as we had faith, we had Salvation, but the Bible teaches that our faith allows Christ to grab hold on us and once we are in His grip, it is not our faith that saves us, but His grip... His grace!! Eternally Saved!!
2) THE PROPHECY OF CAIAPHAS- In John 11:51,52, we see the prophecy of Caiaphas the high priest. He said that "Jesus should die of that nation; and not for that nation only, but that also he should gather in one the children of God that were scattered abroad." It is interesting that God uses the prophecy of one such as Caiaphas who did not try to spare Christ, but saw the necessity of His death from a spiritual viewpoint. God uses people when they don't even know they are being used!! Let God use us today!!
3) BY THIS... - Jesus said that all men would know that we are his disciples because we have love one to another. Love, that's the key... not friendships.... not cooperation.... but love! Love is not self seeking, self pleasing, but rather it reaches out to the person loved. Love is active, not passive. Express your love by word and deeds. How long has it been since you said to another Christian.... I love you! Say it! Live it!! BY THIS..... love!!
4) THE WORDS...- In John 17:8, Jesus said: "I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them,.." Words.... the inspired words from God the Father were given to us by God the Son and recorded for us by God the Holy Spirit working in the lives of common men!! God not only inspired the words; he has also preserved His word!! (vs. 14- "I have given them thy word;") Christ gave us the Word!!
I'm glad I get to read God's Word today.... let's not take it for granted. There are over 2,300 peoples of the world that have NO written Bible or even a passage written of the Bible, and we have many copies around our home. Their language has not been translated yet, but people are working on that right now to get it done in our lifetime.
5) CANNOT BUT SPEAK...- Acts 4:20 says: "For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard." We too must speak up a good word for Jesus. He saved us and we should not be bashful to tell others how they too can know forgiveness of sins and have Christ save them!
6) Acts 2:47 "... And the LORD added to the church daily such as should be saved." Acts 5: 14 "And believers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women." Acts 6:1 "And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied,..." Acts 6:7 "and the number of the disciples multiplied in Jerusalem greatly;" Acts 9:31 "Then had the churches rest.... and were edified; and walking in the fear of the LORD, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied." From addition to multiplication!!! How did it happen??? Acts 8:4 "Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word." The KEY was everyone preached the Gospel, or witnessed!! It is still God's plan for today.... we need to work God's plan!!
Well, so much for today.... sorry so long, but I was playing catch up. Have a blessed day!!
Pastor Mike Mutchler