JOB & PSALMS
|My, what a wonderful day we had at Church yesterday. I enjoyed so much preaching God's Word and it was a blessing to my heart to see the church filled up. Now, when you have an 800 seat auditorium and it starts looking full that is a blessing. Not that it takes 800 to make it look full, but when you put close to 400 adults in the auditorium, it looks great. God has been so good to us. Let me share a truth or so with you from Job and Psalms.|
1) HOW OLD WAS JOB? Well, the answer is first: We don't know. and second: He was quite old. In the book of Job, Job alludes to his age as old. Job 32:6 "And Elihu the son of Barachel the Buzite answered and said, I am young, and ye are very old; wherefore I was afraid, and durst not shew you mine opinion." And, then in Job 42:16, it says: "After this lived Job an hundred and forty years, and saw his sons, and his sons' sons, even four generations." (vs. 17) So Job died, being old and full of days." Now when a very old man lives another 140 years, by that time.... he is old!
2) FORMULA FOR SUCCESS- Psalms one, starts out by giving us a formula for success. Here it is in three short verses:
1. Things to Avoid- Psalms 1:1 "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."
2. Things to Embrace- Psalms 1:2 "But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night."
3. The Blessings that will Follow- Psalms 1:3 "And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper."
3) HUMILITY WINS OUT- Psalms 10:17 says: "LORD, thou hast heard the desire of the humble: thou wilt prepare their heart, thou wilt cause thine ear to hear:" Humility is noticed by God! He responds to it and meets the needs of the humble. Stay humble and lowly dear friend..... it is the best position from which to enjoy the blessings of God.
4) PURE AND PRESERVED- Psalms 12:6,7- "The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."
God's Word are pure and preserved! We can trust them with confidence and apply their truths to our lives.
Well, hope you have a blessed day today! Pastor Mike Mutchler