I loved church last night. Midweek services are the best! I missed everyone so much and just loved to be with them. I wish I had time to spend thirty minutes with each one of the dear people I have the privilege of pastoring. Wow! Love them.
This morning, I read in II Chronicles and here are a few thoughts that are meaningful to me:
1) JACHIN AND BOAZ- The two pillars outside of the temple were given names by Solomon. The names mean something and were thought provoking for all who entered the temple. I've often thought that if I could, I would love to have a plague put on two of the pillars outside of our church that said the same thing. Jachin means: "He shall establish"; and Boaz means: "In it is strength". These two pillars were telling a story and so it is for the local, Bible-believing, New Testament Church. It is a place that God uses to establish us and strengthen us. Let us never lose sight of this as we attend a good church.
2) THE HALF HAS NOT BEEN TOLD- This is stated in so many words by the Queen of Sheba as she beheld the beauty of Jerusalem, the palace, the temple, and beheld the wisdom of Solomon. The half has not been told! In II Chron. 9:6 we see this. When it comes to Jesus and Heaven, the half has not been told, no... not a sliver! They are both much greater than ever discribed. We don't come close.... Jesus is wonderful! Heaven is beauty!
3) GOLD- In II Chron. 9:13, we see that Solomon had 666 talents of gold come to him every year! Let's see: 666 talents at 160 pounds a talent, times 16 oz per pound, times 40 years he reigned, times $1,000.00 an oz equals................. $68,198,400,000 That's 68 billion plus!! Wow!
4) LIFTED UP IN THE WAYS OF THE LORD- II Chron. 17:6 tells us of Jehoshaphat and it reads: "And his heart was lifted up in the ways of the LORD:" This is not in a haughty way..... but in a humble way! He loved God and lifted his heart up to know God and love God, and serve God!! We too should do the same.
5) JUST SING OUT! In II Chron. 20:22 it says: "And when they began to sing and to praise, the LORD set ambushments against the children of Ammon, Moab, and mount Seir, which were come against Judah; and they were smitten." The key was that as they marched towards the three enemy nations that had come against them, they sang out God's praises!! AND GOD HEARD AND BLESSED!! Whatever your trials are, let God hear you singing His praises.... He will fight your battles too!
Well, be blessed dear friend. Love you and pray for God's best for you!
Pastor Mike Mutchler