|I did not get to blog yesterday as I was up at 3:15am to go fishing on the ocean. One of my fine members had asked me, my son Alex, and our youth pastor to join him and his friend to fish in the ocean. Mark Davis is a very good man and I enjoyed the time we had with him. We went across the bar of the Columbia river into the ocean and it was a bumpy ride even for a 20 foot boat. No one got sea sickness however, and that was a huge blessing. We caught several salmon and about 40 large crabs. It was great, but exhausting. I slept well last night.|
I'm finishing up the New Testament today, and here is some thoughts on the Revelation.
1) UNFOLDING- That is what the word "revelation" means. God is unfolding the future in this precious book. It has a promise for all who read and hear the words of this book. Rev. 1:3-"Blessed is he that readeth and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things, which are written therein: for the time is at hand." It is a scroll within a scroll, within a scroll and so on till it is finished. It is a book of seven sevens. It is concerned about that which was, which is, and which is to come. Here are some more thoughts:
2) EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM- This is found in Rev. 1:7 "Behold, he cometh with the clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen." The agnostic will be convinced on that day! The atheist will even believe on that day! The false religions and cults will realize their grave error on that day,.... but it will be too late!! Why not know place faith in Christ and serve Him till we meet Him in death or in the sky.
3) NO MORE TEARS! Revelation 7:17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
4) EVEN SO, COME, LORD JESUS- The only answer to get out of this mess is Jesus! He will deliver us from this present evil age. In Rev. 22:20 it says: He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come Lord Jesus. Are you ready? I know we are and patiently we wait for the LORD's return. It could be today!
5) CURSE AND GRACE- The last word of the Old Testament is "curse", and in the last verse of the New Testament is: "The grace of our LORD Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen." What a contrast.... the law (curse), the works of Christ (grace). Praise God for His grace upon us!
Have a blessed day dear friend! Pastor Mike Mutchler