EZEKIEL & DANIEL
|Today is Saturday, and I have a Men's meeting this morning. I am looking forward to teaching, prayer time, a great meal, and fellowship. Hope you have a good day as well. Here are a few thoughts in Ezekiel:|
1) HOW ARE WE TO LIVE? That question is asked in Ezekiel 33:10, and here is what the verse says to get the context of it properly: "Therefore, O thou son of man, speak unto the house of Israel; Thus ye speak, saying, If our transgressions and our sins be upon us, and we pine away in them, how should we then live?" Francis Shaffer was a Christian Philosopher from Sweden, and rather well known in the seventies. He wrote many thought provoking books examining culture in light of God's Word. He lived in a commune of sorts with other Christians. But one book I remember well is: "How Should We Then Live?" It was a rather big book, but it said in light of the cultures departure of God and God's judgment upon any such nation, how are we then to live? God has Ezekiel ask the same question, and Mr. Shaffer borrowed it from Ezekiel. BUT... in America, when we see the nation departing from God and God's judgment upon us, how are we to live? Here is a few suggestions: 1. Live in Repentance.... God judges a nation for the sins of His people. Wicked live wicked, but Christians are to live godly and don't!! Ask God for forgiveness for worldliness in thoughts and actions. Live in Repentance! 2. Live Humbly... Walk humbly before God and not in sinful pride. 3. Live Godly... let us remove ourselves from sinful attractions and time wasters! 4. Let us rally around the two institutions God created: The Home; and The Church. This will answer to some degree.... "how should we then live?"
2) BAD SHEPHERDS- How did the people get in such bad shape? (and America?) Bad Shepherds! Ezekiel 34:8 says: "As I live, saith the LORD God, surely because my flock became a prey, and my flock became meat to every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, neither did my shepherds search for my flock, but the shepherds fed themselves, and fed not my flock;" God had shepherds (spiritual leaders, pastors) to take care of His people, but they did not do their job. Just as God judges a nation for the sins of His people, a Church is judged for the sins of the Shepherd! By that I mean, that the moral state we find ourselves in is caused by Pastors who do not faithfully preach the Bible as the Word of God and then do not live what they preach! God help us!! If you have a good Pastor, then thank God for him!
3) THERE OUGHT TO BE A DIFFERENCE- Ezekiel 44:23 says: "And they shall teach my people the difference between the holy and profane, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean.." Somethings are clean, and somethings are unclean. There is a difference! For a Christian, somethings please God and somethings do not. Some things are lawful, and somethings edify not. We are to pick that which is pleasing to our Lord. There must be a difference between things!! Actions!! Attitudes!! Intentions!! etc.
4) THE LORD IS THERE- These are the last words in Ezekiel. They are found in Ezekiel 48:35. It means that the city of Jerusalem will one day be called: "The LORD is there." When that happens, we get to live in that city! What a day that will be, when my Jesus I shall see...!!
5) WHICH TWELVE TRIBES- In Ezekiel 48, it names the twelve tribes of Israel twice, but each time… it is a different twelve! How can this be? Well, in verses 2-27, it names the tribes that inherited land which leaves out Levi, and Joseph (since Ephraim and Manasseh both children of Joseph had an inheritance of land.) In verses 31-34, it names the gates of the city, and each one of these are given a name of the children of Jacob which would include Levi and Joseph, and exclude Ephraim and Manasseh. Well, that is why they are different! Hope that helps.
Have a wonderful day! Pastor Mike Mutchler