|We had a great day yesterday at Grand View Baptist Church. God blessed and we rejoiced in His goodness. One week away, we have VBS; and that will be a busy but great week! I'm reading in II Chronicles and here are some thoughts:|
1) IF MY PEOPLE- II Chron. 7:14- It begins with us! If we want our nation to come back to God, it will not be because the sinners get right, it will be because the saints get right! "If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." The answer lies with us and our willingness to get right with God. Are you? Am I? Let's make this our goal and course of action!
2) GOD'S EYES ARE SEARCHING- Yes, the Bible tells us that God is looking and searching, and then tells us what God is looking for. In II Chron. 16:9 it says: "For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him." God is looking.... let us be those with the perfect heart towards Him, and He will bless us!!
3) THERE IS YET ONE MAN- In II Chron. 18:7, we read this. Jehoshaphat was yoking up with Ahab (which never should have been done nor should we do so), and Ahab had four hundred prophets (hired out) to tell them that the battle would be won easily. But Jehoshaphat asks in verse six: "Is there not here a prophet of the LORD besides, that we might inquire of him?" Is there anyone else he is asking... and Ahab says: "There is yet one man by whom we may inquire of the LORD, but I hate him; for he never prophesied good unto me, bu always evil:" He name was Micaiah. THERE IS YET ONE MAN!! Could you be that man or woman where you work? Could you be that at home? Could you be that in society where you shop, where you walk, where you fellowship with others? Can you be that ONE?? Notice you will not be loved by this world... "I hate him"; but you will be loved by GOD!! LORD, help me to be that man wherever I find myself, to be used of you however you desire.... here I am LORD, use me!!
4) WHO ARE YOU HELPING? II Chron. 19:2 says: "Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD?" God has warned us about unequal yokes in the Bible, and yet Jehoshaphat, a godly king, so often did not listen. We should not be in business with the ungodly nor should we seek to get favors from them. We just need God and He can favor us just fine!!
5) ESTABLISHED AND PROSPERING- In II Chron. 20:20, it says: "Believe in the LORD your God, so shall ye be established: believe his prophets, so shall ye prosper." God wants us to be established and prospering, and it starts with believing in the Lord and His men! Do you believe? If proof is not in the telling, but in the establishing and in the prospering. Are you established, or easily shaken? Are you being blessed of God, or reaping the results of foolish decisions? God grants us wisdom to prosper and make wise choices. The key is our faith in God and trusting His men. Remember the Bible tells us concerning our pastors, "whose faith follow". Are you following his faith, or only listening to it?
Just a few thoughts for today. Hope you have a wonderful day! Pastor Mike Mutchler