|It is Sunday in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I get to preach and I'm looking forward to it. I miss my church in Beavercreek, Oregon, but I'm glad for them to be able to hear Bro. Kerry Brown today. He is a great man of God looking for a church that needs a good pastor. Pray for him that God will open just the right door. I'm still in Isaiah, and here are a few thoughts:|
1) OUR EYES SHALL SEE! I wrote about this last year sometime, but it spoke to my heart once more. I guess because my dear Father is in Heaven right now looking into the face of Jesus. I too am looking forward to that day. I have no fear of death, because that is only a passage way to the Savior. If God is through with me.... I'm ready to go any time. Isaiah 33:17 says: "Thine eyes shall see the king in his beauty:" Job said it this way: Job 19:27 "Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me." John said it this way: 1Jn 3:2 "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is."
What a day that shall be, when my Jesus I shall see....
2) RECIPE FOR DIFFICULT TIMES - I don't know what you are going through, but Hezekiah had some difficult times. He was besieged by Sennacherib's army and they were greatly outnumbered, out powered, and completely cut off with no one to help.... but God. Now we know God is all powerful and very capable to handle any difficulty, BUT... how do we get a hold of God in such times? Here is what Hezekiah did in Isaiah 37, and I think it to be a good recipe for difficult times.
A. Humility- (vs. 1) "He rent his clothes, and covered himself with sackcloth". Humility catches God's attention! That is a fact dear friend, not just an opinion. When we humble ourselves in the sight of God, God sees and responds to the humble heart. I have seen God answer so many "impossible" prayers when asked from a humble heart. God blesses and responds to humility. Humility works!
B. Church- (vs. 1) "and went into the house of the LORD". So many Christian down play Church, but look at their lives as well. Church is right even if your life is not rosy. It is the assembly of believers who are meeting to carry forth God's plan. Get in Church!
C. Preacher- (vs. 2) "unto Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz." Hezekiah sent for the preacher! Ephesians chapter four tells us that the pastor was given as a gift to men. Take advantage of God's gift to you. God calls men into ministry to serve His people. God uses to be a help and blessing to His people. Let your Pastor be a blessing to your life. Seek his counsel, follow his preaching and teaching. God's Word says to "obey those who have the rule over you". This is talking about the spiritual rule of the pastor. Not between you and God, but helping you in your relationship with God.
D. Prayer- (vs. 15) "And Hezekiah prayed unto the LORD, saying," Pray dear friend... seek His face and call upon God and He will hear you.
These four things are a recipe for help in desperate times!
3) STRENGTH- Isaiah 40:31- If we wait upon the LORD, we shall renew our strength, we shall mount up as eagles, we shall run, and not be weary, we shall walk and not faint. The idea here of waiting on the LORD is not just doing nothing, it is like a waiter, waits upon you. He is there to serve you! We are here to serve God and if we do, He renews our strength! This is how it works.
4) GOD STANDS ALONE- Over 12 different times in Isaiah, God reminds us that "I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me." God reminds His children that though others speak of their gods, God looks around and says, they are not here, I stand alone.
5) GOD'S PROMISE- Isaiah 46:10- "My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:" Yes, God's counsel shall stand. It is a joy to know that we can trust in the Lord and His Word!! He will work all things out for His pleasure.
Well, I've got to go for today, I pray God's richest blessings upon you. Hope you have a good church to attend to fellowship with like-minded believers. It is such a blessing!!
Pastor Mike Mutchler, Grand View Baptist Church, Beavercreek, Oregon