|The book of Acts is so full of truth that I don't have a chance of sharing even a small portion of it. It is amazing. Here are a few thoughts:|
1) NAMES FOR CHRIST- Peter is preaching in Chapter three of Acts, and he uses different names for Christ. "His Son Jesus"; "the Holy One and the Just"; "the Prince of life"; "Jesus Christ". Four different titles for the same person. Jesus has scores of titles, and everyone is just another way of describing the indescribable Son of God. Jesus is too great for one title, one name. He fills the universe with His glory and is everything sweet and precious!
2) RARE MEN- When the disciples were asking for special men to take the burden of the widows support off of their shoulders, they asked for special men... rare men. Acts 6:3 says: "Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business." These are rare men. Honest, full of the Holy Ghost, full of wisdom,... and men willing to serve the LORD, and others. These type of men are a real blessing to their pastor. Thank God for such wonderful, rare men!
3) VISION TAKES TIME- No leader does anything without vision! But, vision takes time to be fulfilled and to be fully unfolded. In Acts 7:23, it talks of Moses and says: "And when he was full forty years old, it came into his heart to visit his brethren the children of Israel." Here he had vision.... but it would be another forty years before it would be realized. Here we see in verse 30: "And when forty years were expired, there appeared to him in the wilderness of mount Sina an agel of the LORD in a flame of fire in a bush." It was forty years later when Moses had his vision realized. Vision takes time! Don't give up too soon.... forty years is a long time, but it was well worth it. No "God sized" vision is done in just a little time. Years ago, Dr. Jack Hyles said it take at least twenty years to build a church. No great work is done overnight. I'm thinking it might even take thirty years!!
4) LEAPING FOR JOY- In Acts 3 and 14, we see two different men who have a common problem... they have been lame from their birth. They have never walked before and in chapter three Peter is used by God to give a man over forty the ability to walk and leap for joy! In chapter fourteen we see God uses Paul to heal another such man. Wow!! Imagine leaping for joy with great praise and adoration for God. I've never been lame, but I have been lost. Now, I am found... I've been saved..... I need to leap for joy myself! God is so good to us and we need to sing His praises.
5) SEARCHING THE SCRIPTURES DAILY- Acts 17:11 tells us this about the Berean Christians. We too should search the Scriptures daily!! God will do a work in our hearts IF we spend time in God's Word daily each and every day.
Well, I've got to go for now. I've enjoyed the blessings of this day in God's Word. I'm not done because there are a few thoughts I want to study on a while today. I hope you are blessed and have a great day with Jesus!
Pastor Mike Mutchler