THE END OF PSALMS
1) ASK GOD FOR A CLEAN HEART- In Psalms 139:23,24 it reads: "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if thee be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." David is asking God for a clean heart and asking God to search his heart to let him know the areas of his heart where wickedness abides. If we want to be godly we also need to be asking God to search our hearts. This is when the Holy Spirit convicts us of sin in our lives. Don't be guilt of glossing over sin, because like mold, it will come to the surface again. It must be eradicated to be taken care of. So we confess our sins for a right relationship with the LORD who saved us. Those of us who desire to keep a right relationship with the LORD will often be asking Him to search our hearts and we will often be asking for His forgiveness... which He freely gives!!
3) ONE GENERATION- Ps. 145:4 "One generation shall praise thy works to another, and shall declare thy mighty acts." Our job is to tell the younger generation how great God really is! We should tell them of how He has worked in our lives and how He is still working in our lives. God wants each generation to share with the next of His greatness!
4) CALL- FEAR- LOVE: In Psalms 145:18-20, it tells us three things to do: "The LORD is night unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them. The LORD preserveth all them that love him: but all the wicked will he destroy." We need to CALL upon God and He will hear us; we need to fear the LORD and he will save us; we need to love the LORD and he will preserve us!! Let this be our goal today and everyday!!
5) A GREAT GOD! Psalms 147:4 says: "He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names." WOW!! God made the stars, but also named each star!! What a great God we have... Awesome!!
6) PRAISE-Psalms is ultimately a book of praise. 160 times the word "praise" is found. Some chapters have it in every verse. Over and over we see the theme is praise to God. It is a good thing to praise the Lord. Are we doing that? Do we sing His praises? Let us decide to praise the Lord and sing to Him, for He is worthy!
Thank you so much for joining me today. Have a blessed day!
Pastor Mike Mutchler