Isaiah 54-Jeremiah 8
I have been sipping my coffee and reading the twenty chapters for today. I'm afraid that I have marked up something in each chapter and made circles and with a slash through it to reference to this morning in my blog, but I have over a dozen of them and I only have time each day for three or four. It is hard to know what to pick since I enjoyed each one and am blessed by them all. I really enjoyed my reading this morning and it blessed my heart! Here are a few thoughts on this fine Tuesday morning:
1) GOD SPEAKS OF NOAH- In Isaiah 54:9, God says to the nation of Israel: "For this is as the waters of Noah unto me: for as I have sworn that the waters of Noah should no more go over the earth:..." Liberals do not think that Noah and the flood were real, but God does!! And what God is saying is that just as God decided never again to have a flood destroy mankind, He also has decided never again to take Israel into captivity. It is a great thought.
2) BREAK EVERY YOKE- Isaiah 58:6, speaks of fasting. And God is saying that fasting is used to "break every yoke". What is tying you down?? Fasting is a way of pulling yourself away from the flesh being in control to the spirit being in control. It is a path to victory in your spiritual life. What are you struggling with today?? Fasting is not an easy path, but the path to victory never is.... it is a struggle but victory can be had! "Is not this the fast that I have chosen? to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?"
3) THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME- When Jesus began His earthly ministry, he read Isaiah 61:1,2 and then sat down. Over and over you will find that Jesus very often quoted the Old Testament. He was the WORD incarnate so we would expect that, but it is amazing how much He quoted from the Old Testament!
4) I KNEW THEE!- God says this of Jeremiah, and it also applies to us. "Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee;" Jeremiah 1:5. Any abortion, kills a baby. That is fact. God's Word says that He knew us before we were formed! It goes on to say: "before thou camest out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." Does God have a plan for every child in his mother's womb.... YES!! And having been born, God STILL has a plan for our lives!
5) MENTORS- Jer. 5:5 says: "I will get me unto the great men, and will speak unto them; for they have known the way of the LORD, and the judgment of their God:..." Please get your advice and counsel from great men. You mentors not your piers! Wisdom comes with age and experience. Please always remember that!
Well, I've got to go for now. Have a blessed day again!! Pastor Mike Mutchler :)