Friday, November 26, 2010

PSALMS 26=45

Yesterday was Thanksgiving Day, and we had a great time.  Ate too much but feel fine this morning and plan to cut back greatly on any food intake today.  I'm in Psalms and here are a few items I would love ot share with you:
 
1) MY FAVORITE PSALMS- Psalms 27 is my favorite Psalms out of 150 of them.  Here are a few of my favorite verses in this Psalms:   27:1  "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"   27:4 "One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple."   27:8 "When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek." 27:10 "When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up."   27:13 "I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living."  27:14 "Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD."  You can see by these verses why I love this chapter.  I have quoted Psalms 27:1 so many, many times throughout my life.  It reminds me that I have nothing to fear because the LORD is my light and my Salvation.  He is the strength of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?  No one, that's who!  Hope you have favorite chapters and favorite verses throughout the Bible.  My favorite in the New Testament is Philippians chapter three. 
 
2) GIVE UNTO THE LORD- Three times in Psalms 29:1,2 we find the phrase:  "Give unto the LORD".  Then in the remaining verses of this chapter, we find six times the phrase:  "The voice of the LORD".  I love to look at repetitive verses.  God puts them there for a reason, and I love to search them out.  God wants us to "give unto Him" and God wants us to listen to His "voice".  We get all of this from chapter 29. 
 
3) LET'S DO THIS TOGETHER- Psalms 34 is another favorite chapter of mine.  In verse 3 it says:  "O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together."  There is glory that God gets that is magnified IF we exalt His glorious name TOGETHER.  This is why our attendance in Church is so vital.  Please don't miss Sunday nights and Wednesday evenings.  Don't just be a Sunday Morning Christian.  We need you to help us exalth HIS name Together!!  He is worthy, we are not, but we gather to exalt His name, and we need your help!
Let's do this together!!
 
4) WE ARE HAVING A CAMPOUT- Camp outs are a favorite thing of any youth.  Sitting around a campfire, telling stories, roasting hot dogs and marshmellows, wow!  It can be such a memorable thing in the life of a youth.  But, spiritually, we too are on a campout.  Psalms 34:7 says:  "The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them."  The angel of the LORD is camping out with us.  That "angel" is Jesus Christ Himself.  He has made our "abode" with us.  The word "abode" means "tent".  He has pitched His tent with ours and is camping out with us.  One day, our tent folds up, and we tent with Him in Heaven forever!  What a wonderful truth.  We are camping out with Jesus here on Earth, and one day we will camp out with Jesus forever in Heaven.  We are having a campout!!
 
5) DELIGHT, THEN DESIRES- One comes before the other.  Psalms 37:4 tells us:  "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."  We delight in God, and then He delights in us by giving us the desires of our hearts.  The key is to delight!  Focus on the delighting, not the desiring part. 
 
Hope you have a great day today.  I love sharing God's Word and little tidbits of blessings that I get out of the Bible.  I hope you enjoy it too.  I do it for you, so I hope that it helps.  It is meant to be devotional, and I hope that it is.  May God's blessings be yours today!  Pastor Mike Mutchler
 
 
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter