Friday, November 19, 2010

I & II CHRONICLES

Today is Friday.  I'm looking forward to this day.  I have a busy morning, and then the afternoon off.  I think I will enjoy that time.  I do not have a day off, but we do take Friday afternoon off each week during school.  During the summer, we take Fridays off.  I wish I could give the staff a day off each week, but it is hard to figure out how to do that.  Pray for them, they are such good men and women.
 
Here are some thoughts: 
1) DO IT!  This is David's advice to his son, Solomon about building the temple for the LORD.  In I Chron. 28:10 "Take heed now; for the LORD hath chosen thee to build an house fo the sanctuary:  be strong, and do it."  Also in verse 20 "And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it:  fear not, nor be dismayed:  for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished  all the work for the service of the house of the LORD."  We hear about what the Bible tells us to do, we just need to "do it".  We need some Niki religiion.... "Just Do It!". 
2) SET YOUR AFFECTION- I Chronicles 29:3 says:  "Moreover, because I have set my affection to the house of my God, I have of mine own proper good, of gold and silver, which I have given to the house of my God, over and above all that I have prepared for the holy house,"  Notice that he set his affection to the house of his God.  Shouldn't we do the same?  I love Church, and I hope that you do too.
3) JUST IMAGINE- In II Chron. 1:7, it says:  "In that night did God appear unto Solomon, and said unto him, Ask what I shall give thee."  Imagine being asked of God what you want.  What would you ask for?  The Bible does tell us to ask that our joy may be full.  The Bible says that whatsover we ask for believing, we have the request that we ask for.  The Bible says, we have not because we ask not.  What would you ask God for?  What are some Big prayers you would pray if you knew God would answer them?  Make you list, and start praying!!
4) THEN HEAR THOU FROM HEAVEN- As Solomon is dedicating the temple in II Chronicles chapter 6, he talks to God and seven times says that if God's people humble themselves and will pray to God, "then hear thou from heaven"!  Seven times he says this.  God will hear us IF we will pray to the God of Heaven.  Let Him hear our prayers. 
 
Well, May God bless you today.  Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter