Monday, November 30, 2009

PSALMS 113-132

What a great day we enjoyed in Church yesterday.  I don't know of a service I would enjoy more than what we experience at Grand View Baptist Church.  The music was amazing.  The spirit was wonderful.  The auditorium was full, and the preaching was ok too.  What a great day it was.  Today, I'm in Psalms again, and here are a few tidbits of truth that I marked down this morning:

1) KEEP THIS IN MIND- Ps. 115:1 "Not unto us, O LORD, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake."  Oh how we ought to remember that ALL glory goes to Jesus!!  To day, I read a quote from Gen. Robert E. Lee.  It said:  "I tremble for my country when I hear of confidence expressed in me. I know too well my weakness, that our only hope is in God."  This is what David is stating in verse one.  We should all walk humbly before God and give Him all of the glory!

2) I LOVE THE LORD- This is what David said in Ps. 116:1 "I love the LORD,"  What a simple, but profound statement to make.  How we need to express that statement to our God often each day.  I love you LORD!  Let it fall off of our lips easily and often throughout each day.  Let it be the natural expression of a thankful heart.  Love you Lord!

3) I WILL PAY MY VOWS- Ps. 116:14 & 18 repeat this phrase.  It reminds me that what we vow to God, we should pay.  That Missions pledge, that building fund pledge, that etc.  Whatever we told God we would do.... have we done?  Now, let me be the first to confess... I've not done all I have told God I would do.  But, I want too!!  I want to work and work and work at paying my vows to God.  Yielding my life to His service and His plan for my life.  LORD, help me to pay my vows, and give me wisdom in making my vows to YOU!!

4) PRESERVATION-When I think of preservation, I think of God preserving His Holy Word; but out of 15 times the word "preserve" is used, it refers to Scriptures once!  The rest of the times, it is asking God to preserve US!  In Ps. 120, we have verses 7 & 8, use the word.  "The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil:  he shall preserve thy soul."  (vs. 8) "The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore."  Wow!  LORD.... preserve me!

Well, so much more I could say, but time has gone.  Have a very blessed day!  Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter