Wednesday, November 25, 2009

PSALMS

Yesterday, I did not get to blog anything, and the day was busy.  This morning, I couldn't sleep well, so I got up at 4:30am to read in Psalms.  Here are a few thoughts:

1) HONOURETH THEM- In Psalms 15, it is talking about the righteous who will "abide in thy tabernacle", and it says in verse 4, that this man "honoureth them that fear the LORD."  This is one of the traits associated with a godly man.  We must learn to honour those who the LORD wants honoured.  The older I get, the more I see the need to honour men and women of God who have served God faithfully for so many years!  We certainly owe them that, and God thinks so too!

2) NOW OR LATER- When would you choose to receive your blessings?  In Psalms 17, it says of "men of the world", "which have their portion in this life, and whose belly thou fillest with thy hid treasure:"  (vs. 14)  But in verse 15 it says:  "As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness:  I shall be satisfied, when I awake with thy likeness."  David is saying that the men of the world are blessed now, but I'm going to be completely satisfied later when I stand in Thy presence.  Now is temporary, and Later is Eternal!  What do you want?  Now, or Later?

3) BE NOT AFRAID- Psalms 27 is one of my all time favorite chapters in the Bible, and certainly in Psalms.  I love verse one particularly.  Here is what it says:  "The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?"  God is telling us that there is no need of fear.  As a child and teen, I would be afraid to witness, and to some things in life.  I found myself quoting this verse over and over until the fear subsided and I was able to go out witnessing and do other things that needed doing.  Don't let fear keep you from serving God.  Quote this verse over and over, until the LORD takes away your fear.  Our confidence is not in ourselves, but in the LORD, and this verse reminds us of that great truth.

May God bless you today.  Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter