Saturday, November 21, 2009

Ezra & Nehemiah

I'm reading this morning in Ezra and Nehemiah, and I'm running late because I have a men's meeting at church this morning on Saturday.  Here are a few highlights of the passage I read:

1) PRAYER AND FASTING WORKS- In Ezra 8:23, it says:  "So we fasted and besought our God for this:  and he was entreated of us."  They fasted and prayed and God heard them!  That still works today, but sadly, so few Christians ever pray and fast for God to do something special.  He will, if you will!

2) I AROSE FROM MY HEAVINESS-  Though we may at times be blue, God does not want us to be there, or to visit the blues very often.  He wants us to be on "top side" in life and cheerful because, "the joy of the LORD is our strength".  But, Ezra was depressed for a little while, but in Ezra 9:5, it states that "I arose from my heaviness;"  and you and I should do the same when Satan hits us with low moments.  Don't stay there, and don't visit there often!

3) RALLY TIME- Nehemiah shared the need to rebuild the wall of Jerusalem, that they no more be a reproach, and then he told them of the good hand of God that was upon him, and in response.... the people rallied!  They said:  "Let us rise up and build.  So they strengthened their hands for this good work."  They rallied!  OH, that God's people would RALLY around the needs of every local New Testament Church.  Then would all of God's people be blessed and the needs would be graciously meet in every circumstance.  Remember to Rally!

4) THE ESSENCE OF CHARACTER -  In Nehemiah 6:11, when confronted with opposition and threats upon his life, Nehemiah simply says:  "Should such a man as I flee?"  I love this!  It is the essence of character that is speaking out of Nehemiah!  Oh how I pray this same character is mine!

Well, time is gone.  I hope these brief thoughts will give you something to think about as well.  Pastor Mike Mutchler..... Tomorrow is Sunday!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter