Thursday, June 5, 2008

MORE ISAIAH

This morning, I read Isaiah 33 through Isaiah 52.  I've two cups of coffee and I'm looking forward to a third.  Isaiah has never been my favorite book but it is full of verses that just jump out at you.  In the midst of it's judgments on Judah and the various nations in that area, it comes up with single thoughts that are amazing.  God is described so often in Isaiah with so many phrases that show us just how great God really is.  Here are a few thoughts:

1) Isaiah 33:22- tells us that God is our judge, our lawgiver, and the LORD is our king!  Three descriptive phrases about God in one verse!

2) READ THE BOOK- Is. 34:16 says:  "Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read:"

We need to read the precious Word of God.  God has a book to bless us, guide us, instruct us, and draw us to Himself,.... but, we must read it!!

3) SEE and HEAR- Is. 42:20- "Seeing many things, but thou observest not; opening the ears, but he heareth not."  As we read God's Word, and listen to preaching and teaching, we don't want to have our eyes closed to truth and instruction; nor our ears closed to hearing and receiving the Word of God.  This was Israel's problem, God spoke and showed them but they acted deaf and blind to God's instructions.  Let us not be among that crowd!

4) OLD AGE VERSE- Isaiah 46:4 "And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you:  I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you."  What a Promise!!  No need to worry about growing old and feeble, because our God is still just as youthful and strong as ever!!  And when we stand in His presence, we too will be strong and young again!

5) Isaiah 49:26 "...I the LORD am thy Savior and thy Redeemer, the mighty ONE of Jacob."

Here again we see just one more time God lets Israel know who He is.

Well, so much for today, hope you have a blessed day.  I have a lot to accomplish today and I'm looking forward to soul-winning tonight.  It's going to be great!  See you tomorrow.  Pastor Mike Mutchler


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter