Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Song of Solomon & Isaiah

I have my coffee beside me as I've just finished up my reading.  It's rainy outside but one of these days, summer will come around.  I started with the Song of Solomon.  Solomon wrote one thousand and five songs according to I Kings 4:32, and three thousand proverbs.  But this is called the Song of Solomon.  This was his best song.  It is strange to us, but to him it meant perfect sense.  It is a love song between him and a particular lady, but it reflects the love between Christ and His Church.  Notice a few things and then some in Isaiah:

 

1) S of S 7:10 "I am by beloved's and his desire is toward me."  Here we see the love between Solomon and the Shulamite woman (6:13), but also we see how Christ feels about us and how we should feel about Him.

2) LOVE- S of S 8:7 describes love:  "Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it:  if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned."  Nothing compares to love!  Isn't that what I Corinthians chapter 13 is saying as well?  Yes it is.  Fill your life with love by loving God and loving others.  Don't measure how much you are loved, but how much you love!

3) DO YOU KNOW YOUR MASTER?  Isaiah 1:3, God says that even the ox knows his Master's crib, but Israel doesn't know their master... GOD!  Do we know our Master?  Do we act like it and live like it?  We certainly ought to know that the LORD is our Master because He saved us and bought us.

4) DON'T DRINK WINE  Can I tell you again that the Bible is against alcohol?  Is. 5:22 tells us that there is a WOE pronounced against the one, even strong men, who drink wine and strong drink.  Wine would be weak alcohol, but the Bible speaks bad of it.  Strong drink would be much more alcohol involved and God is also against it.  Just stay away and not have to deal with the baggage that comes with it.

5) MY STRENGTH, MY SONG, AND MY SALVATION.   Yes, again we find these three in Isaiah 12:2.  This is the third time I've mentioned this blessed trio.  In Ex. 15:2; Psalms 118:14, and now here in Is. 12:2.  I think some truths, God want to make over and over.  This is the fact that God is our strength, our song, and our salvation!!  Praise God.

 

Well, so much for today, I have a full day ahead of me.  May God richly bless you!!

Pastor Mike Mutchler


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter