Monday, September 27, 2010

MORE PSALMS

Yesterday we had a great time at Church.  People saved, families joining our church.  A great crowd both services.  Two new Adult S.S. Classes started, God has been good to us and it is a blessing! 
 
1) GROWTH- Growth is a part of life, and it needs to be a constant in the Christian Life.  We must grow or stagnate.  To stand still is to fall backwards.  Onward, Forward, Shout Aloud Hosana, Christ is Captain of the Mighty Throng!  Psalms 62:2 says: "He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved."  This is great to understand and believe that in Christ we will not be greatly moved.  But Growth is still needed and David expressed this as well.  David DID grow in faith and confidence in God.  Notice in verse 6 of the same chapter:  "He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved."   His faith grew!!  In verse 2 he said he would not be "greatly moved", and in verse 6, he said "I shall not be moved".  The difference between "greatly moved"  and "not be moved" is huge!!  Growth is what we need in our walk with Christ today.
 
2) LONGING FOR GOD- I guess what we most love about the Psalms is David's heart for God.  It is what challenges us.  It is what convicts us.  To have that same longing for God.  He said in Psalms 63:1 "O GOD, thou art my GOD; early will I seek thee:  my sould thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is"  and in verse 6 he says:  "When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches."  and verse 8 says: "My soul followeth hard after thee:"  WOW!!  Dear Lord, please help my heart not only to be fixed, but help me to have that same longing for YOU that David did.  Help me to think of you constantly.  Help me to long after thee! Amen.  What a challenge for all of us today.
 
3) TESTIMONY- Do you have one?  Why would we be shy to give a testimony when asked for one?  Ps. 66:16 says: "Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul."  David wanted to share his testimony.  That which God has done for Him.  Isn't God working in our lives?  Of course He is, and we should let others know about this. 
 
4) OLD AGE- We all grow old.  Not bad considering the alternative... dying young.  But life is not just about growing old, it is about what you transfer to the next generation while you are growing old.  Psalms 71:18 says: "Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shown thy strength unto this generation, and thy power to every one that is to come."  Wow!!  We have a responsibility to share with the next generation the wonderful works of God.  Dear God, give us strength and wisdom to do so!!
Well, that's all for today.  Hope to see you tomorrow and may God richly bless!!
Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter