Sunday, September 26, 2010

PSALMS

Today is Sunday!  Wow, I love Sundays!  Yesterday I enjoyed our Men's Meeting and we had a great time.  Later in the evening, my wife and I enjoyed a two hour dinner cruise up and down the Willamette River that runs through the middle of downtown Portland.  The beautiful ship is called "The Spirit of Portland".  It was very nice and the meal was great.  We went with the  "Homebuilder's Class" in our church.  One of our fourteen adult S.S. Classes.  What wonderful people we get to serve God with.  Today, I'm reading in Psalms again, and here are a few things I want to write a bit about:
 
1) YOU CAN BE TOO QUICK- Psalms 25:21 says:  "Let intergrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee."  If we are not waiting on the LORD, then we are acting too quickly.  The Bible says a lot about waiting on God.
Isa 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. 
Psa 27:14 Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
Psa 37:9 For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
Pro 20:22 Say not thou, I will recompense evil; but wait on the LORD, and he shall save thee.
Luk 21:19 In your patience possess ye your souls.
 
2) CAMPING Psalms 34:7 "The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them."  The Bible says that God will dwell with us and be our God and that word literally means to "tent" with us.  The angel of God camps with us, and one day we will dwell with Him.  To make our abode (tent) with Him.  The idea is that wherever we go, God goes with us and wherever we lay our head at night, God is already there.  He pitches His "tent" with us each day and night.  So does our guardian angel!
 
3) MY STINKING FOOLISHNESS- Psalms 38:5 says: "My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness."  David realized that his wounds were caused by his own foolishness, and he knew that stinked!  It was bad enough that he had wounds, but to realize that his own actions had caused the stink and corruptness was hard to take.  But, he acknowledged that it was his fault.  In verse 18, he says:  "For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin."  If we get into simular circumstances, then we should at least own up to our sin, be sorry for it, and go on with God's grace to provide.  Better yet, don't make foolish wounds that will hurt you for life has enough hurts already.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter