Thursday, September 23, 2010

JOB

Today is Thursday.  I am hoping that God will allow us to see many souls saved while out soul winning this evening.  I am excited about going and know that God will do special things.  I'm in Job today, and here are a few thoughts from this book of the Bible:

1) THE CHOICE IS YOURS- In Job 16:2, Job calls his friends "miserable comforters".  In verse 4, Job says: "I also could speak as ye do"....but he does not wish to ever speak that way so in verse 5 he says: "But I would strengthen you with my mouth, and the moving of my lips should assuage your grief."  Job is being accused by his "friends" as being the cause of the wrath of God falling upon him, and yet Job says, if this had happened to you, I would speak comforting words to you and I would strengthen you, not tear you down when you are drowning in grief.  We have the same choice!  Do we tear down someone when bad things come into their lives. (like saying... "I expected that!" ;  "It was just a matter of time..." ; etc.)  or... Do we say things like:  "Let's pray for them."  "I want you to know I'm here if you need me and that I'm praying for you."  "How can I help you?"  The choice is ours and I hope as Christians, we decide to act like Job when others around us are hurting.

2) DON'T WAIT! - In Job 17:13 we are reminded why we should not procrastinate.  We should not put off things but start doing things right away.  The verse says: "If I wait, the grave is mine house."  Why wait until we are dead?  Do right now what you know is right to do.  Do right now what you know is best to do.  Don't wait... or the grave will be your dwelling place.

3) LOOKING FOR GOD- In Job 23:3 Job says: "Oh that I knew where I might find him!"  He was hurting, and wanted to get in touch with God.  In the next verse he says: "I would order my cause before him, and fill my mouth with arguments."  Job wanted an explanation from God.  He wanted to share with God his take on what was going on in his life.  Earlier in the book Job asks God: "Hast thou eyes of flesh? or seest thou as man seeth?"  Here is the truth.... we don't understand God, because He is GOD!!  His ways are so much higher than our ways that we cannot perceive them.  We must simply TRUST, when we don't understand.  Now for those who would think that strange, we do it in every aspect of life.  You don't have to understand an engine to drive a car; understand brakes before you can stop a car; understand rain before you know to get out of it; etc.  Trust... let us trust God!  We don't have to find Him, He has found us!! 

4) GOD WANTS TO STRENGTHEN US- In Job 23:6, one of my favorite verses in the book of Job is found.  It says:  "Will he plead against me with his great power?  No; but he would put strength in me."  God does not want to weaken us, but strengthen us!  We must know that!  Even when we are facing hard times, we must by faith know that God will empower us, and desires to do just that!  Wait on the Lord... and He shall strengthen thine heart! 

I hope you have a blessed day today.  Wait on the Lord.  Encourage others.  Listen to His voice.  Go forward with God!   Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter