Tuesday, July 28, 2009

PSALMS SOME MORE

Today is Tuesday, another hot day is expected, but God's grace is abundant.  Several years ago, our church gave us central air conditioning and on days like today (102) it is really appreciated.  What wonderful people we serve God with!  Here is a few thoughts from the Psalms again:

1) LONGING FOR GOD- David has a heart for God.  When the Bible says that David had "a heart after God's own heart", I sure didn't know how that could be when he messed up so many times..  Earlier this year, as I was looking at that verse again and meditating on a message about the heart that we had in our 1st Annual Men's Meeting with Dr. Ray Young, that it could mean that David had a heart that was after (sought after) the heart of God.  And this lines up with Scripture..  In Ps. 84:2, David says:  "My soul longeth, yea even fainteth for the courts of the LORD:  my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God."  Wow!!  LORD, teach me to have such a passion for YOU!!  Teach me to long for you so much that my heart and my flesh ache until I come into your presence!  Oh LORD, forgive the many, many times I am too busy to lift my heart up and enjoy your presence.  Let me today, walk with you and fellowship with you throughout the day.  Thank you Jesus!  Amen.

2) LOWLY BEGINNINGS- Ps. 78:70,71- "He chose David also his servant, and took him from the sheepfolds:  From following the ewes great with young he brought him to feed Jacob his people, and Israel his inheritance."  From lowly beginnings to a lofty position!  God does not need much to work with.... only a man or woman who has a heart for Him!  YOU can be used of God!  It is not your talent or resources God is looking for, but just you.  Let God see you waving your arms and saying "here am I"!  (at least on the inside let God see you this way).

Have a blessed day, I had a phone call from China that took a little while and I'm out of time now.  May God richly bless!!

Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter