Saturday, October 4, 2008

Proverbs and Ecclesiastes

I'ts Saturday morning, and we have been praying for good weather today and tomorrow.  WE have big things planned for Sunday!!  I've got coffee right her and I'm sitting in my rocker/recliner.  I've got a gooseneck lamp that puts light right on my Bible and laptop.  I've got my brand new laptop that the church bought me for my birthday and it is a nice one!  I always do my reading with a cup of coffee and thus the "Cup of Coffee With Pastor".  It was my daughter, Adrian's idea, but I have enjoyed writing down a few things that I read each day.  Sometimes I miss out because of time.  When I have early morning activities, I seldom find time the rest of the day to write down some things.  When you type like I do it takes a good twenty minutes or so.  Here are a few thougths:
1) God's in Control! -  We know that, but we need to remind ourselves.  In light of the election for President of the USA coming up, it is vitally important not to fret or worry.  We cast our votes as good citizens should, and then we trust God for the rest.  Prov. 21:1 says: "The King's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will."  God is in control and can turn the hearts of any leader!
2) Don't Change!- Prov. 24:21 says: "meddle not with them that are given to change;"  Also Prov. 22:28 says: "Remove not the ancient landmark, which thy fathers have set."  The idea is not to change.  I had a business ask to meet with me this week to talk about church. He goes to another church and is on their leadership committee.  He brought in a book and it tells how to arrange your church for this new "era" of reaching people.  It would mean a lot of changes in the church.  He asked my opinion.  I told him I would never change a church because someone wrote a book!  We get our orders from THE BOOK!!  Even if that church did all those things, it still takes the breath of God upon a church for it to succeed.  It is a work of GOD, not man!  So, don't change!!
3) THERE IS A GENERATION-  In Prov. 30:11-14, it says four times, once in each verse, "There is a generation"  and then goes on to describe how terrible that generation is, and sad to say, it's us!  THERE IS A GENERATION: 11) that curseth their father, and doeth not bless their mother. 12) that are pure in their own eyes, and yet is not washed from their filthiness. 13) O how lofty are their eyes! and their eyelids are lifted up. 14) whose teeth are as swords, and their jaw teeth as knives, to devour the poor from off the earth, and the needy from among men.   THIS is our generation!! 
4) GOD HAS HIS OWN TIMING- In Eccl. 3:1 it says: "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:"  It then goes on to say... a time to be born, a time to die, to plant, to pluck, to kill to heal, to break down, to build up, to weep, to laugh, etc.   In verse 11 it says: "He hath made every thing beautiful in his time".  God has a timing for everything, and our job is to simply trust Him knowing that "in his time" He will make all things beautiful!!  Trust Him today dear friend... He will not let you down!! 
Well, all I have time for today. May God bless you, and remember that tomorrow is SUNDAY!!!  Yeah!!  Dr. Mike Mutchler
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter