Friday, September 26, 2008

PSALMS

Psalms is a wonderful book.  I'm writing from Oregon again, and it is so good to be back home.  I enjoy conferences, but I really enjoy being home.  Notice a few things:
1) CONFESSION- In Psalms 32:5, David says: "I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid."  Confession brings forgiveness for a right relationship.  We know that our sins are forgiven by the LORD, but confession is what gives us close fellowship with the LORD.  Now we are to confess and forsake our sins.  To confess our sins is not just to mention them to God, it is to see them the way God sees them.  It is to acknowledge that they are wrong, that sin is sinful and repulsive to God and now to us.  This is true confession.
2) IT'S OUR OWN FAULT- The reason we need to confess is that our sin gets us in trouble.  David said this in Psalms 38:5,6a- "My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness.  I am troubled;"  Our sins are the cause for our troubles!  Our own foolishness!  The Lord alone can bail us out, and the good news is that He will, IF we humble our selfs, confess our sins, and look to Him for help. 
3) SHINE FORTH, O GOD- Ps. 50:2 says: "Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God hath shined."  When we think of God shining, we are talking about the smile of God upon us.  God radiates when He looks at His obedient children.  We want God to smile upon us.  Be happy with us.  Our desire should be to live each day with that desire to please Him.  Jesus said: "I do always those things that please Him."  That should be our goal as well! 
Well, just a few things for today.  Hope you have a blessed day!!  Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter