Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Kings

Here are a few thoughts on this fine day in Oregon.  I'm reading in I Kings and have thought of a few things as I look into God's Holy Word:
1) THE DANGER OF OLD AGE- In I Kings 11:4, "For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father."  Old age is a blessing IF we stay with what we have believed and practiced all of our lives, but it is when we change everything we have held too because we become soft in our old age, is when it becomes destructive.  Be aware of the dangers of old age!!
2) HATED PREACHER!  Yes, that is what Micaiah was.  He was hated by Ahab because he spoke God's Word, not what King Ahab wanted to hear.  When four hundred prophets of Israel were gathered by King Ahab and all of them said to go up to the battle; King Jehoshaphat asked if there were any more men of God to ask, and Ahab answered in chapter 22:8 "There is yet one man, Micaiah the son of  Imlah, by whom we may inquire of the LORD: but I hate him; for he doth not prophesy good concerning me, but evil."  Wow!  He was hated of the King.... well, being a pastor is not a popularity contest, it is preaching the truth.  Now, I try to be as kind as I know how to be and smile while I'm preaching truth, but still the truth is what must be preached.  When it is all said and done, a pastor is not for the people, but a pastor is for God to use with His people!!
3) II Kings 5, Naaman dipped seven times and came up clean!  Not six times, but seven!  May I say something to you today?  Don't stop dipping!!  Keep doing what you know is right to do no matter how it is seemingly turning out all wrong, because God has a way of turning something around on a dime.  Don't stop marching around your Jericho, because God has a way of making it all happen on the seventh and final time!  Keep dipping, and keep marching, because God is watching, and He will bless!!
Well, I'm out of time again today.  I would love to write for another hour!  May God's blessings be upon you!  Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter