Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Deuteronomy

If you read most every day this blog you will have noticed that yesterday I did not have one.  I was flying to Santa Clara, CA to the conference at North Valley Baptist Church where my dear friend, Dr. Jack Trieber pastors.  It was a busy day and though I can read on a plane, I have no internet connection.  Now, it is Tuesday morning, and we are again looking for a great day in the LORD!!  A few things I want to point out:
1) Deuteronomy means "second law".  It was given again, because the children of Israel died off in the wilderness and now they have been numbered again, and only three are still around: Joshua, Caleb, and Moses.  It shows us the sad things that happen when we disobey God.
2) Deut. 8:3 says: "that man doeth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceeded out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live."  Seems like Jesus said something like this too, didn't He?  I think God wants us to read His Word and Obey it!!
3) Tithe- Deut. 14:22- "Thou shalt truly tithe all the increase of thy seed, that the field bringeth forth year by year."  God is for tithing.  It met the needs of the Levites in the Old Testament and it meets the needs of God's Work in the Church today and around the world.  The field is the world, and if all of God's people would tithe, we could reach the world!
4) Don't Muzzle your ox!- Deut. 25:4 says: "Thou shalt not muzzle the ox when he treadeth out the corn."  God wants the worker to be taken care of.  Paul uses this verse to say "does God care for oxen?".  Well, yes, but not as much as He cares for His servants, and then he said that they "that preach the Gospel, should live of the Gospel."  I don't know what Church you are in, but I do know that God demands that Churches take good care of their pastor's financial needs so that they can take good care of your spiritual needs and the needs of many others.  This is a biblical precept.
5) WE MAKE A CHOICE- Deut. 30:15 says: "See, I have set before thee this day life and good, and death and evil."  We make a choice.... I like "life and good"!!
Well, all I have time for this morning.  See you tomorrow and have a blessed day!! 
Dr. Mike Mutchler-- Pastor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter