Sunday, September 28, 2008

MORE BLESSINGS FROM PSALMS!

It's Sunday!!  Praise the LORD!!  I love Sundays!  Hope you do too.  It is going to be a blessed day today.  The weather is beautiful and I've been praying for a good crowd of people with souls being saved and lives being changed.  I'd like to see people baptized and some join the church today.  I'd like to see the Sunday School classes full and the music a blessing.  All of these things I anticipate seeing each and every Sunday.  God has to do it, but He has been so good to our church to allow us to see these things very often, and in fact almost every Sunday!  I love Sundays, because I love Church!!

I read to day in Psalms 73 through Psalms 92, and here are a few thoughts:
1) GUIDE ME TILL GLORY!  Ps. 73:24 says: "Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory."  God will guide us till we stand in glory!  Praise God.  We do not have to trust our own abilities and depend upon our own strengths, we can look to God with confidence and be pleased that He is in control and will guide us all the days of our lives.  "The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD".  God will guide us and when He is through with us on this planet, He will receive us into glory!  Heaven is waiting and it's call gets sweeter as we get older.  Dear LORD, please guide me till glory!
2) A SHEPHERD- Ps. 80:1 says: "Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, thou that leadest Joseph like a flock; thou that dwellest between the cherubims, shine forth."  Here God is called the Shepherd of Israel.  Ps. 79:13 says: "So we thy people and sheep of thy pasture.."  And, when God wanted a man after his own heart to lead the kingdom of Israel, God chose a shepherd boy, David.  Ps. 78:70 "He chose David also his servant, and took him from the sheepfolds:  from following the ewes great with young.."  Jesus said in John 10:11- "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep."  God is our shepherd and He leads us like sheep.  Let us trust our Shepherd... the sheep is not aware of the dangers around them, but the Shepherd is, and He will guide us safely to good pastures.  Trust the LORD today to guild you!
3) FRESH OIL- Psalms 92:10 says: "... I shall be anointed with fresh oil."  I remember so vividly almost 30 years ago, hearing a sermon on tape by Dr. Jack Hyles on the subject of "Fresh Oil".  He mentioned how David had been anointed to be king three times.  Once as a boy, once in Hebron, and once as the King of all Israel.  Each time this anointing was for a greater service.  We too need God's anointing for greater service.  My heart cries out to God each time I read this verse and I too long for that fresh oil that the Holy Spirit gives when he anoints someone to serve God more effectively.  I hope you too long to be used of God.... for your life to count for the cause of Jesus Christ!  That's my hope and joy.  Jesus, please use me today for YOUR glory and honor.  Holy Spirit, anoint me with fresh oil and let others be blessed as a results of it, and Christ exalted.  Amen!
Well, have a blessed day!!  See you in church perhaps.  Dr. Mike Mutchler, Pastor

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter