Saturday, March 22, 2008

II Chronicles

I am catching up some today, but I want to show you some things I've been reading and the thoughts that I have about these chapters.  I have my Bible divided up into days.  I mean by that at the end of every 20 chapters or so I have a number.  I have divided up my Bible into 60 days so that every two months I read my Bible through.

On day 19, I read II Chron. 3 through II Chron. 23.  I love this... In I Chron. 3: 17, we have the pillars named.  These were the pillars at the entrance of Solomon's temple.  They were named:  Jachin, and Boaz.  Jachin means "He Shall Establish", and Boaz means "In It Is Strength".  As they were passing through to get into the temple, they were confronted with these two great pillars of brass.  They reminded them of the fact that as they went into the temple, they would be established in the house of God and they would find strength in the house of God.  I know this is the same about church.  In the church you will be established in the Word of God and you will be strengthened by God's Word and the working of the Holy Spirit in your life.  One day I hope to put these names on the pillars outside of our church. 
II Chron. 12 we see that Shishak, king of Egypt went to war with Rehoboam, king of Judah.  Rehoboam was a wicked king and thus the judgment of God came upon him.  Chapter 12 is a lesson about humility.  Verse six said that the king "humbled" himself and  verse 13 says, the people "humbled themselves" and verse 12 says "and when he humbled himself, the wrath of the LORD turned from him."  Here is the lesson... God listens when even a wicked man will humble himself in the sight of the Lord.  "A broken and contrite heart, O Lord, thou wilt not despise."  Walk humbly before God and He will bless you. 
II Chron. 14:11- King ASA cried out for God's help.  He was confronted with a million man army from Ethiopia and needed God's help.  He prays and says:  "Lord, it is nothing with thee to help , whether with many, or with them that have no power:"  He acknowledged that his faith was in God not man, even in trying circumstances.  I hope that we will place our faith in the LORD, no matter what we come up against in life.  Well, these are lessons for today's reading.  May God richly bless!!  Pastor Mike Mutchler


Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter