Thursday, July 12, 2012

OFFENSES

I am in Alabama, visiting my wife's sister, Stacy, in Winfield, AL.  Here is a truth to share:

OFFENSES- In I Cor. 8:13, Paul says:  "If meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend."  The Bible also says:  "offences will come" in Luke 17:1; but in Romans 16:17 we are told to "mark them which cause divisions and offences"; we also know that all of us offend at time because God's Word says in James 3:2 "For in many things we offend all.  If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body."  (How many perfect people do you know?)  So if we all at times are offensive, what is the secret to living in harmony?  Ps. 119:165- "Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them."  IF we delight in God's Word, God gives us the ability to be offended without being offended!!  We do this because we understand a HIGHER purpose:  "Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bonds of peace."  As believers, we have a higher reason to sluff off petty offensive things because Christ suffered all of our offences so we too ought to bear the reproach of others patiently.  Don't defend yourself, let God vindicate you!!

God bless you!  Pastor Mike Mutchler. 
Sent from my iPad

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter