Saturday, June 30, 2012

FISHING WITH JESUS

Today is Saturday and I'm excited about Church tomorrow.  God and Country Day!  It is always an exciting time here at Grand View.  We are a very patriotic Church.  I hope you will enjoy your Church service tomorrow as well.  Here is a thought for today:

FISHING WITH JESUS- Jesus we know came to seek and to save that which was lost.  We are lost without Jesus Christ and are found of Him.  He speaks to us through His Word, through His Spirit, through His children, and we respond in faith to receive Him as our Savior.  In Matthew 4:19, it says: "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men."  Now the question for today is:  "How is your fishing?"  I do know this: that your fishing is directly related to your following.  For if you follow Him, HE will make you fishers of men.  Remember the Pharisees honored God with their lips, but their hearts were far from Him. Do we do lip service to a world that needs to hear the Gospel?  Or, do we tell others the good news of the Gospel?  Our job is to tell the good news, and Jesus job is to save those who respond in faith.  Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.  and How shall they hear without a preacher (Christian who is fishing for men).  As a teenager, one of the great joys I experienced was fishing with my pastor and my father.  Now, the greatest joy is fishing with my Savior.  Each week I look forward to times I can go fishing with Jesus for men.  Not five pound fish, but 200 plus pound men!  How is your fishing??

Have a great day!  Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter