Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Proverbs 1-10

Today is Wednesday. I am looking forward to the service tonight as I Walk Through The Bible each Wednesday of this year.  I think our people have enjoyed getting a birds eye look at each book of the Bible.  I am in Proverbs and I have a few items to share with you.  Here they are:

1) HONOUR THE LORD- In Proverbs 3:9,10 it reads:  "Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase."  So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine."  How do we honor God?  We honor Him by tithing our increase to Him.  God tells us in His Word what honors Him and then it tells us that IF we honor Him, then He will honor us by giving back to us plenty!  I just do not understand a Christian that does not choose to honor God in a way of God's choosing. 

2) WISDOM- Proverbs 4:7 says:  "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom:  and with all thy getting get understanding."  We must pursue wisdom and understanding at all cost.  It is the principal thing.  It must be had.  It must be grasped.  Whatever the cost, whatever the effort, whatever the sacrifice.... we must get it!!  Make God's wisdom a pursuit of your life.  Make it a life-long pursuit!

3) THE APPLE OF THE EYE- The apple of the eye is the reflection in the pupil of our eye.  It is the reflection of whatever we are focusing on.  The Bible tells us that we are the apple of God's eye.  He is focusing on us.  In Proverbs 7:2, we read:  "Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye."  We are the apple of God's eye, and His Word should be the apple of our eye!  We are His, and His Word is ours!  What a great little truth.

4) I LOVE THEM- Here, Wisdom is talking.  Wisdom is going to let us in on a wonderful secret.  Here it is:  Proverbs 8:17 "I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me."  Wisdom loves those who love her, and wisdom can be found by anyone willing to seek her early.  Early in the morning, when all else is quiet, wisdom is waiting.... waiting to meet with you.  This morning.... every morning.  She will love you if you love her enough to seek her early each morning.  Will you?  The choice is ours to make.

Well, a full day awaits me.  May God bless you my friend.  Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter