Saturday, December 4, 2010

Song of Solomon, Isaiah

This is Saturday morning.  Last night I had an enjoyable evening at the Singing Christmas Tree in downtown Portland.  We had about 130 from our Church in attendance of thousands and it was once again a most enjoy able evening.  What a blessing to go to an event with a Christian theme and not offensive in any way.  Well, this morning I read and now I need to write before I go to our men's meeting. 
 
1) SOUGHT-SOUGHT-SOUGHT-FOUND- This is what S. of Solomon says in 3:1-4  Verse one- "By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth, I sought him, but I found him not."  Verse two-"I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth:  I sought him, but I found him not."  Verse 4- It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth:..."  The Bible says that "he that seeketh findeth."  That word "seeketh" in Greek is a continual process.  Actively, and patiently, and consistently... seeking.  This person findeth!  So it is here in the book of Song of Solomon as well.  God say that those who seek Him with their whole hearts shall find Him.  We ought to be seeking God's blessing and direction continually in our lives.
2) GOD SAYS:  USE YOUR LOGIC!  Isaiah 1:18  "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD:  though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; thought they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."  Logic does not wash away ones sins.  Those who want to "disprove" God, have no hope for man's sins.  The guilt of sin is either very heavy, or one has seared their conscience so that they don't feel the effects of their sin.  Jesus has a better way.... he forgives it completely!!
3) HERE IS THE POLITICS I'M LOOKING FOR- Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given:  and the government shall be upon his shoulder:  and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."  When we preach Christ, we are preaching about politics too, because the "government shall be upon His shoulders".  This is the kind of politics I'm really interested in.  I have in years past given hundreds of dollars to a political party.  I had hopes that it would help our country.  I was sadly disappointed in the results.  Now, I still vote as conservative as possible, but give all of my funds to Him who bears the government.... Jesus!  How foolish to give to politics but not the one who bears it all. 
Well, I've got to go for today.  Have a wonderful and blessed day!  Pastor Mike Mutchler 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter