Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Psalms 66

Psalms 66 is twenty verses of praise.  It starts out by saying:  "Make a joyful noice unto God, all ye lands: Sing forth the honour of his name: make his praise glorious."  Then it tells us what to sing.  In verse three it says:  "Say unto God,......"  And the rest of the chapter tells us what to say. 

1. REMIND GOD OF HIS GREATNESS- "How terrible art thou in thy works!" (vs. 3)
"All the earth shall worship thee" vs. 4

2. REMIND OTHERS OF GOD'S GREATNESS-  "He turned the sea into dry land, they went through the flood on foot: there did we rejoice in him." (vs. 6)  "His eyes behold the nations" (vs. 7) "suffereth not our feet to be moved."  (vs. 9) "we went through fire and through water: but thou broughtest us out into a wealthy place." (vs. 12)

3. REMIND OURSELVES OF OUR OBLIGATIONS TOWARDS GOD-  "I will pay thee my vows" (vs. 13) "I will declare what he hath done for my soul"  (vs. 16)

4. REMIND OURSELVES TO KEEP OUR HEARTS RIGHT -  "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the LORD will not hear me:" 

These are some good things to sing about.  Find a song that fits some of these, or better yet, make one up yourself!  Hope you have a blessed day!   Pastor Mike Mutchler 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter