Monday, May 18, 2009

I CHRONICLES 4

We were blessed of the LORD yesterday at Church and we are thankful for His goodness.  Today I've started reading in I Chron. 4, and here is the insight:

This chapter is about the posterity of Judah.  It names the ones who have come from Judah and their families are mentioned.  In the midst of this chapter, we have one man named Jabez.  And from these two verses, 9 & 10, we get the prayer of Jabez.

He prayed: 1 Chronicles 4:10  "And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested."  There has been much made of this prayer as though it were something magical, but it is just a prayer made by one man.  The key to it is that he asked God for a blessing and God gave it to him.  Now, there is nothing special about this, because God says:  "Ye have not because ye ask not.."  Here was a man .... who asked!!  So the whole thing to remember about Jabez is to be like him.... ask God for His blessings upon you!  Yes, we should verbalize our desires and ask God to do something special for us!  This is the whole lesson for today..... short and sweet!
Have a blessed day!   Pastor Mike Mutchler

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Counter
Free Counter